Triumph Customer Service - I Couldn't Believe It!

katanafreak

Hey all!

I wanted to share my customer service experience with all of you from Triumph. If any one of you are looking at buying a Triumph or a new bike in general maybe this quick story will help you decide one way or another. Here is my story:

I bought a 2012 Triumph Daytona 675 in May of 2012. It ran great and absolutely no problems at all with the bike. In July of this year, when I took the bike out to go to work it started pouring out smoke when I started it up. (There is a story about this posted in the mechanical section already) Come to find out the coolant hose backed off and was pouring onto the headers. I had a recall on the turn signals and the check engine light was on for the exhaust valve. I was kind of pissed off at this point that three separate things are wrong on a bike that is just barely over a year old with just under 2000 miles on it. I did a google search and asked around and found the email address of someone high up in Triumph customer service. I emailed and I got a response within an hour saying that they would take care of everything on the bike, not to worry. All of the work was done to the bike and when I called the shop they were having trouble getting the exhaust valve replacement covered under warranty because it was too soon. I emailed the same person and within 45 minutes he emailed back saying that he just approved the warranty work. I went and picked up the bike a couple days later and received an email from the customer service guy telling me to pick out some accessories for my bike or some riding gear for my troubles. I really didn't need anything, but I took a look at the triumph shop sight. All I really need is a track suit and figured there was no way they would give me one of those. They are $1,500. I emailed him saying all I really needed was a track suit and the one I looked at was $1,500 and threw my size in just in case =). Not even 10 minutes later the customer service guy emailed and said the suit was in the mail, make sure to email him and let him know how it fits.

This to me is customer service that you just don't see anymore. This is my second Daytona 675 that I have bought brand new, and this kind of customer service has made me a Triumph customer for life. If any of you are thinking of getting a Triumph and read this, I hope my experience with the company helps your decision. I could not be any happier. Here is a link to the suit that they are sending me.

http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/Suits/id-0089AS1/AS1_Suit

Does anyone else have a great customer service story? I would love to hear it!

• Upvote 3

This to me is customer service that you just don't see anymore. This is my second Daytona 675 that I have bought brand new, and this kind of customer service has made me a Triumph customer for life.

If you haven't already, you should send this to the guy in Triumph customer service.  That is the kind of message that would make rounds in a service organization.

I've also had pretty good luck so far with all my dealings with Triumph.

I bought a salvage title Street Triple that had been wrecked. It had the Arrow/Triumph rearsets on it, and the footpeg was broken off and a couple spacers and washers were missing as well. I was having a hard time finding the part numbers for the spacers so I called Triumph USA to see if they could help. They were unable to find a part number either, so they offered another solution. They sent a set of the rearsets to my local dealer and let me steal the footpeg, spacers, and all the washers free of charge. Then they just told the dealer to send it back as "missing parts." I thought that was pretty cool of them.

The only time they've let me down was when they wouldn't fix jbots "certificate of destruction" titled, stripped down trackbike under warranty. It was worth a shot though....

I think you just swung me on my next bike, I was going to be looking into a new bike sometime next season and have been really liking what I see and hear about the speed triples and the 675 Daytona's and also about triumph in general. I have been looking into Ducati's as well and just love those to death. A buddy of mine has 2 older Triumph's, an adventurer and a sprint and he absolutely loves the reliability of those bikes. I love great customer service because, if dealt with properly, It makes problems that you have so much less of a pain. Especially if there was nothing you did wrong in the first place. It sounds like these guys are doing it right, and I do believe I have made up my mind as to what bike to get next!

Good you had a nice experience!

Mine sucked with Triumph !

Guess I should have asked for some free stuff !

I didn't ask for any free stuff, the guy simply emailed me afterwards and offered it to me. I was not even really interested in any kind of free stuff. I just wanted my bike back and running again. I thought it was awesome that he would do that. Then on top of it to have no issues as to hooking me up with a $1,500 track suit is what really sold me. He was able to approve work done and then added a extra thank you for being a Triumph customer, sorry for your troubles and time track suit. That's how you get life long customers right there. This is why I had no problems posting my experience all over the different forums I'm on. I have no problem getting the word out that might get them a sale or two.

I didn't ask for any free stuff, the guy simply emailed me afterwards and offered it to me. I was not even really interested in any kind of free stuff. I just wanted my bike back and running again. I thought it was awesome that he would do that. Then on top of it to have no issues as to hooking me up with a $1,500 track suit is what really sold me. He was able to approve work done and then added a extra thank you for being a Triumph customer, sorry for your troubles and time track suit. That's how you get life long customers right there. This is why I had no problems posting my experience all over the different forums I'm on. I have no problem getting the word out that might get them a sale or two.

That's very good customer service.

I just had a very different one !

I had recall work that the service manager said would take a few hours,turned out Triumph sent the wrong parts several times.

It ended up taking a month to get my bike back!

That is one hell of a nice touch by that rep and like you said, no way they'll go for it, right?  But, it never hurts to ask.  Great ending to all of your troubles with your bike fixed and a new track suit thrown in for free.  

That's beyond crazy. And the best customer service I have ever heard of. Any company that's willing to give out a $1,500 track suit to appease a customer is a good one by my book. I may have to look into Triumph some more when I plan on buying a new bike. Speed triples are sexy as fuark anyways.

That's what great customer service is about. I am still a bit skeptical that you'll actually receive the suit.

I ordered some tires through motorcyclesuperstore (front & rear) and they messed up the size of the rear. I called them and they paid to have the rear returned and eventually shipped out the right stuff, and the rep said they'd throw in a free $25.00 gas card for the inconvenience. Never received the gas card. When I called back to bring it up, they said it was going to be sent through a third party and just takes a bit longer.

That was 4 months ago... still haven't received it.

Edit: And this is why I use RidersDiscount now :)

Edited by DerekClouser

I had a good experience when I bought my MacBook. Bought it with standard shipping but the next day I decided I wanted it faster and called to expedite shipping. They told me the item was already in the process of shipping but I could pick out some accessories for my trouble since they could not upgrade my shipping. Picked out a $250 laptop bag and they had it in the mail that day. Didnt ask for anything, and I half knew I would not be able to change the shipping, did not expect anything free out of the deal at all. 

This kind of lines up with the Lemon Law thread where I have stated time and time again that OEMs really do care about the customers and try and get things fixed as quickly as possible.  Triumph, Ducati, KTM, and other Euro brands are very top notch when it comes to CS.  The Japanese are as well and while they all may take a bit of leaning by the dealership, it usually ends well.

We had a deal where a customer had a Monster that had some issues and it was going to take 3 weeks before the part would arrive (They were non typical fail parts and low order rate parts so, not common and fall under the 2% we are unable to fill typically).  He was given a loaner bike for the period of time and we got him a credit to spend on anything he wished within that budget.  He got a helmet and jacket, I believe...

The point is that OEMs try really hard.  Triumph is a great brand and has an equally great CS department.

Good on them and good on you for the post.  These typically do not come up and are well received.

So who did you contact? I had a recall on a speedo cable they fixed it the three times it broke then came out with a new design on the cable. The new cable broke the housing on my speedo. Which they said was not covered by the recall.

You can call the customer service line either found in your manual or online.  Have you tried to talk to the dealership first?

That's what great customer service is about. I am still a bit skeptical that you'll actually receive the suit.

I ordered some tires through motorcyclesuperstore (front & rear) and they messed up the size of the rear. I called them and they paid to have the rear returned and eventually shipped out the right stuff, and the rep said they'd throw in a free $25.00 gas card for the inconvenience. Never received the gas card. When I called back to bring it up, they said it was going to be sent through a third party and just takes a bit longer.

That was 4 months ago... still haven't received it.

Edit: And this is why I use RidersDiscount now :)

Just wanted to say that when I woke up the suit was on my porch! They overnight aired next day the suit to my via fedex. I couldn't believe it! I woke up and there was this huge box on my porch. Said Triumph on it and I thought NO WAY! Sure enough there it was. It even came with a back protector!!! Ill throw pics up as soon as possible! Again A++ CS all the way from me. They definitely made a customer for life from me!

• Upvote 1

So who did you contact? I had a recall on a speedo cable they fixed it the three times it broke then came out with a new design on the cable. The new cable broke the housing on my speedo. Which they said was not covered by the recall.

Speedy,

Peter Carleo @ Triumph was who I spoke with when my local Triumph dealer were dragging their feet on warranty work.He called the dealer and got the ball rolling real quick like. Hope this helps