First Track Day

JStump

So I finally have some time and extra cash to do a track day and I found one at Nelsons Ledges on the 31st of this month which I am looking at going to. I have heard good things about the instructors there and it is not far from my house so it sounds like a good place to start. I know the track surface is not the best, but I don't plan on hauling ass on my first time so I will save the better tracks for another time. Anyone want to volunteer to help track prep my 675? I am a complete noob on track days so I just want to make sure I have everything up to spec and ready to go. 

Also, anyone wanna go to this?

Edited by JStump

First one. just remove mirrors, pull head light fuse and tape over the headlight and Taillight with painters tape.

Make sure you have good tires, good sprocket and chain, water, energy bars, Gatorade, bananas, water, good lunch, water.

Full leathers or a 2 piece that zips together, gauntlet gloves, over the ankle boots.

• Upvote 1

First one. just remove mirrors, pull head light fuse and tape over the headlight and Taillight with painters tape.

Make sure you have good tires, good sprocket and chain, water, energy bars, Gatorade, bananas, water, good lunch, water.

Full leathers or a 2 piece that zips together, gauntlet gloves, over the ankle boots.

I got a set of race plastics from TRMN8R so the first part is taken care of.

I just put on a new chain and the sprocket is still in great shape, the front tire is almost new, the back is about half done in the middle but the sides are still great. Damn these strait roads up here!

I have a full leather suit and over the ankle boots, the gloves I have are A* SP-X Carbon which is sort of in between gauntlet and wrist though so would that work?

What about safety wiring?

IMHO, even in Novice I would wear gauntlet gloves, though I do not recall the glove reqs for Novice. If you don't have any, I have an extra set you can borrow. I will be there that weekend with the other Motoseries knuckleheads racing. If you want help prepping the bike, I am glad to help, and r1crusher would probably throw hands in, too. Just let me know!

This is all you have to do. It's really basic stuff and we can help you saturday morning.

• Remove or tape your mirrors and turn signals

• Tape your headlight lens if it is made of glass

• Tape your brake lights

• Tape your speedometer (Novice Group Only Required, recommended all others)

• New-er "track day" or High Performance Street compound tires are recommended with no pronounced flat spots or irregular wear.

• Anything that can be an entanglement or impalement hazard should be removed (non folding rear passenger pegs, stunt cages/bars, spike bar ends)