Moto Series Round 6 @ Nelson Ledges Aug 30/31, Sep 1

TRMN8TR

Does Matt know that you're claim him?  I thought Murse was looking to put his stamp on him and claim a ginger for himself.

Matt already mentioned joining forces with team GinJu. We would be an unstoppable trio of minorities.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you purchase a race license now it's only good for this season and then it's done. You will have to buy a new license at the start of next season. That was straight from Todd.

I'm being a puss,I'll prolly wait until next season to race,hopefully with a 600 like the rest of you cool dudes !

How many usually show up for I this late in the season?

I went into I on the last monday session and felt pretty good. I had someone come inside though between 2-3 and i almost ate it. Just wasn't expecting it and went real wide going into 3 almost hitting the grass and did some tank slapping. It was my own fault, he wasn't anywhere near me really, just got spooked and lost concentration for a second. If there are 20+ bikes out there, i fear the same thing will happen again with worse results. I know it takes track time to improve but i'm still nervous around other bikes i guess.

I went into I on the last monday session and felt pretty good. I had someone come inside though between 2-3 and i almost ate it. Just wasn't expecting it and went real wide going into 3 almost hitting the grass and did some tank slapping. It was my own fault, he wasn't anywhere near me really, just got spooked and lost concentration for a second. If there are 20+ bikes out there, i fear the same thing will happen again with worse results. I know it takes track time to improve but i'm still nervous around other bikes i guess.

only you can make this determination, but if you're not comfortable passing or getting passed... or more importantly, holding your lines while passing or getting passed, i recommend you do at least one more stint in Novice to work on getting your lines solid, and practice passing/getting passed in the last couple sessions of the day and during the leap frog sessions.  that said, it will always be a bit weird getting passed in new ways.

intermediate will always be the most packed group, except on mondays... and even then, that group will have the most people in it.

not trying to discourage you from doing anything in particular... just offering my suggestion based on your experience during the monday event.

only you can make this determination, but if you're not comfortable passing or getting passed... or more importantly, holding your lines while passing or getting passed, i recommend you do at least one more stint in Novice to work on getting your lines solid, and practice passing/getting passed in the last couple sessions of the day and during the leap frog sessions.  that said, it will always be a bit weird getting passed in new ways.

intermediate will always be the most packed group, except on mondays... and even then, that group will have the most people in it.

not trying to discourage you from doing anything in particular... just offering my suggestion based on your experience during the monday event.

Yeah, Int is def the most cut throat out there, and most jumbled mix of people with different skill sets.  When I bumped to Adv. this year it made a world of difference in confidence etc. cuz Int can get sketchy.

Id agree with Jbot and do 1 more stint in Novice, even if just the AM, and ask to get evaluated 1st PM session and bump to Int, or ask a coach to ride with you in Int and ride at your pace.  That way they are leading and people can see their vests and know youre getting a tow.

Just don't trust the instructors if they are from OR and tell you to meet them in the bathroom showers between sessions, I did my first time out and swear I've never had such pain in my rectum before.  Well once in FL with Brandon forget to use KY.

how many people were there on that monday? 

Sounds like you realize the issue was not the other bike passing and more of a mental thing.  Next time, keep focused on your actions on the bike and your secondary concern should be the passing rider....their primary concern should be making a safe pass.  If you start focusing on the other rider; whether it be an engine noise behind you or someone coming past, you are going to start screwing up because you just went from 100% focus on your line, turn in speed, apex and all that good stuff to 75%.

Cant really speak on the exact situation you went through, but inside passes in general can be a bit ratteling if it happens as or after you turn in.  Just know that it takes a tiny adjustment to make room, no need to stand the bike up completely, turn in really late or grab the brakes.  More than likely you could have ran your normal line there and been just fine.  If they took your line away that is a different story.

The only way to get through the issue is to gain more exposure to the situation....that can mean both track time(in novice) AND getting passed(in int.).  Stay in I if you are comfortable with your lines and think you will be able to hold them if you can hear a big V twin rumbling behind you.  If you think you learned from the situation and would hold it the next time I'd stay in I.  If you are just getting comfortable on the track and your lines; bump down, nothing negative about it...there is a lot going on while out there; don't use up your concentration thinking about someone making a pass.

Edited by RHill

The monday was pretty light in I. I think there was 8 signed up. It was a day where A got to go out with I too. Overall though it seemed like an open track. 

I didn't have a problem passing people. I waited until i had a clean pass set up and pushed it if i could. If not, i just stayed in tow until i could attempt another clean one. But with few people, that was only like once a session.

I also got passed multiple times that day. But usually it was on the straights or the outside of turns. None of those really bothered me. A couple dived inside going into 1 and that wasn't too bad either. I was able to move my line out a little and was ok. But at the same time i expected to get passed on the straight. I think it was the surprise of him between 2 and 3 that threw me off.

I don't want to over estimate my abilities, but i don't know if N would add that much value at this point. I can hold a line, i don't move down or up through the turn. I had an A guy follow me one session without me knowing and he said i looked good. No major problems with my line or style. I carry ok speed, high 20's, lap times. During N, I wouldn't get to work on the lines at the speeds that are in I and the only passing is on straights and that doesn't bother me. But at the same time i am still new enough that my concentration is on holding that line, throttle control, looking ahead through the turn.

If everyone passed me on the outside, i would have no problem. I need practice with people in the inside and that'll only happen on I. I'm just concerned with getting spooked again on a full track. 

Ask for a few tows in Int in the AM then, or ask for a coach for a few sessions in Int. and just get a tad faster and tad more used to getting passed.  Any of the guys on here will assist if they aren't instructing elsewhere I am sure.  Or ask a non coach from here to help they will.  Heck I would if I was going.

I have two videos from that Monday. They are from the back of the bike, can't really see too much. I wouldn't mind some pointers or if you see me doing something wrong. I know i need to get my head out a little more. I don't have one of when i got passed on the inside though. 

Edited by ludwb675

Nobody is coming out Friday night?  

I think now looking at the weather and my weekend schedule, I am going to come straight from the office Friday afternoon and skip Saturday. And as long as Sunday isn't and obvisous rainout, I will be in for the races.