Moto Series Round 6 @ Nelson Ledges Aug 30/31, Sep 1

TRMN8TR

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be my first time at Nelson, I cant get over the bumps. Seems like it would upset everything.

I'm not track expert,but from my experience,you won't notice 95% of the bumps.

It is bumpier than a lot of tracks, but just go faster. The bumps will smooth out.

That was one of my favorite things last seaon, take the bike to work, leave here at noon, and ride all evening.  Can't wait until next season so I can get back out there, going nuts not riding and racing with you homos.  I miss all the ghey butt secks.

I hope you strapped your bike down, cause there isn't a chance in hell we are gonna crawl/climb all the way up there to get to your shit. There's probably enough crap everywhere around it to keep it still. Probably.

Today was a great day. Fastest laps yet and no problem with passing or being passed. Everything seemed in much more control until....

guy slid out in front of me. Went into the grass trying to not hit his bike sliding across the track. I thought i was going to keep it up but could not. Whacked my head more than i thought. Got to take a ride on the meatwagon (not the fun kind) to the hospital. All test came back good, possible minor concussion. 

Pretty sure trmn8tr stopped by to say hi between going down and ambulance ride, but don't really recall anything other than him saying he was trmn8tr. 

Looking back, if i tried to go inside of the slidding bike, i probably could have. But i hit the brakes and stood the bike up as soon as i saw the bike sliding up and toward me. Overall the bike survived unharmed except for some cosmetic damage. Most will probably buff out if i care to try. I was going to buy a track bike next year, this one probably just took it's spot. I'll probably get a newer 675 for a daily driver now. 

Today was a great day. Fastest laps yet and no problem with passing or being passed. Everything seemed in much more control until....

guy slid out in front of me. Went into the grass trying to not hit his bike sliding across the track. I thought i was going to keep it up but could not. Whacked my head more than i thought. Got to take a ride on the meatwagon (not the fun kind) to the hospital. All test came back good, possible minor concussion.

Pretty sure trmn8tr stopped by to say hi between going down and ambulance ride, but don't really recall anything other than him saying he was trmn8tr.

Looking back, if i tried to go inside of the slidding bike, i probably could have. But i hit the brakes and stood the bike up as soon as i saw the bike sliding up and toward me. Overall the bike survived unharmed except for some cosmetic damage. Most will probably buff out if i care to try. I was going to buy a track bike next year, this one probably just took it's spot. I'll probably get a newer 675 for a daily driver now.

I tried to stop by after the incident to see if you were ok,but now I know where you went.

Glad to hear your ok!

Looked like a mess where it happen!

Ya I stopped by to check on you. Glad you're doing alright. Concussions are no fun, just went through that a few rounds ago at beaver. Still can't remember shit for about a 6 hour window....

Brian, not sure if we have met, but I'm sorry to hear about your luck on Saturday. Glad you checked out OK and still enjoyed the day.  If I were you, I'd hold off making the decision about dedicating your 675 to the track...keep an eye out this fall and you can find some great deals on some dedicated track bikes.

Yesterday was so much fun!  We had an OR train going around in advance group for a few sessions. Jinu, Matt, Ron, Brandon and I were out there having a blast.  Not sure if it was as exciting or as much of a learning experience for Jinu, Brandon and Matt, but I'm pretty sure Ron and I picked up some time that will stick with us.

Then someone had the bright idea to nominate me as pack leader for the first session after lunch....and tell me early enough that my nerves had plenty of time to kick in.  I swear, getting ready for the session I was just as nervous as the first time I was on the grid for a race start; luckily that shit cleared up when the tires hit hot pit....no time to think about "am I going too slow for these guy" on the track.  After a few laps getting back into the grove I started clicking off personal bests again.

Did the mini 40 today and hit a wall at the 30 minute mark as I was on Dan's (2nd) ass.  After reeling him in I had to give it up....screwed up a shift into 1 and drifted waaaaay out on the carousel.  Relaxed for 3 laps and picked the pace back up when the guys at the tower started signaling how much time was left.  I know exactly what caused the problem...I tightened my boots and gloves down too much.  Cut off the circulation to my hands and my right foot.  At one point my lower right leg felt like it was on fire and I couldn't even feel the peg anymore.  After the race was over it took a couple minutes for my hands to "wake up".  Lesson learned, if you are not comfortable it will become a distraction....especially after 30 minutes on the track.

other than phil's crash, and taft's little incident, the weekend was a great one.

everything from...

witnessing some amazing generosity: tom letting ryan neu borrow his b-bike so he can race and stay in the points, a mini 40 racer letting dan borrow his r6 so he can stay in the points (and dan ended up getting a 2nd place with a busted up hip, elbow, and other things), and of course, brandon and ryan and ron helping me with my shit since i'm incompetent and couldn't even get my rear wheel back on by myself.

witnessing some amazing improvements: ron getting into the 15's, ryan into the 13's, and craig and brandon into the 12's, and matt getting back on form and looking all hollywood and shit

having some amazing battles with phil, matt, brandon and others.

and getting forcefed some humble pie by getting my doors absolutely blown off by tom huey on his old ass (but meticulously maintained) r6 and then losing sight of him within a couple laps.

just a great weekend overall.

some hardware never hurts either.... (don't be too impressed, most of this was because of the very light attendance)

1176286_10103396594788735_1936758162_n.j

brandon's goodies on the left, mine on the right.

i believe ryan picked some up too, and i'm sure others.

all in all, our little contingent did well. congrats too all who made headway this weekend.

and above all else... i'm thinking of phil who high sided in 4, got ran over by a rider (who had no place to go and not enough time to react), and suffered from a broken vertebrae but thankfully no actual nerve damage.  he's in surgery today/tonight, and i hope he makes a full recovery.  i saw it very up close and personal, and it was a sobering reminder of just how serious this little hobby can get that we just do for amusement.

Edited by jbot

and above all else... i'm thinking of phil who high sided in 4, got ran over by a rider (who had no place to go and not enough time to react), and suffered from a broken vertebrae but thankfully no actual nerve damage.  he's in surgery today/tonight, and i hope he makes a full recovery.  i saw it very up close and personal, and it was a sobering reminder of just how serious this little hobby can get that we just do for amusement.

this...

I was taken aback when I realized it was Phil; just a few minutes earlier he came over to the pit and was BSing with everyone.  You hit the nail on the head Jinu, sobering.  Hope he has a quick and complete recovery!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it out today, but am proud of all our guys out there. Sorry to hear of Phil's injury, and if he makes the complete recovery we all are wishing for him, it sounds like he is indeed lucky. Will forward on prayer and well wishes his direction. Looking forward to the next opportunity at PIRC in two weeks to get back out with you guys and work to get better.