Sunday Funday - Columbus Meet

Blitz

Fast paced ride tomorrow leaving from Columbus and most likely heading South.  Meeting at Block's Deli (Main and McNaughton) at 11:30, may grab a sandwich before heading out.  I'm meeting a group of guys I ride with there, so I tend to have to go with the flow as far as schedule.  But the intent is to meet there at 11:30 and head South.

Take advantage of the beautiful weather while it lasts!

Fast paced ride tomorrow leaving from Columbus and most likely heading South. Meeting at Block's Deli (Main and McNaughton) at 11:30, may grab a sandwich before heading out. I'm meeting a group of guys I ride with there, so I tend to have to go with the flow as far as schedule. But the intent is to meet there at 11:30 and head South.

Take advantage of the beautiful weather while it lasts!

What's the route

• Downvote 1

These guys tend to kind of wing it.  But we'll be going down to 78 and then maybe 284 and probably back on 669, would be my guess.  If you want to ride, I might just leave from here and head out and we'll ride whatever route we want.

Yeah, my tuna melt this morning was the shit.

Good ride minus the rain on 78.  I took 669 home and it was dry as a bone.  So I turned around and rode it back and forth.  Really wish the rain would have held out cause I was wanting to ride till dark today.  But oh well.  Good to get out for a little while.  Catch you next time Dan.  You have my number if you're free to ride any time during the week.

He was way out of shape going into that right hander. He should have been in the left hand side of the lane. If he'd have been there, he would have hit the apex, leaving him in a better position to go back to the left. He left himself with nowhere to go.

He had a bad day, losing his cell phone too.... Oh well. A learning experience for sure. Glad he was ok. His gear saved his ass.

Yeah....I didn't think 669 would be dry either. Glad it was though. I got a good hours worth of riding up and down it while it rained all around me. Definitely plan to ride mid-week sometime. Maybe Tuesday morning..... Hutch, Dan, you guys have plans Tuesday morning?

He was way out of shape going into that right hander. He should have been in the left hand side of the lane. If he'd have been there, he would have hit the apex, leaving him in a better position to go back to the left. He left himself with nowhere to go.

He had a bad day, losing his cell phone too.... Oh well. A learning experience for sure. Glad he was ok. His gear saved his ass.

Yeah....I didn't think 669 would be dry either. Glad it was though. I got a good hours worth of riding up and down it while it rained all around me. Definitely plan to ride mid-week sometime. Maybe Tuesday morning..... Hutch, Dan, you guys have plans Tuesday morning?

What's the plan for Tuesday?

It's hard to see, but was there gravel on the road  that took him down or did he just go wide and target fixate and hit the gravel off the road?

It's hard to see, but was there gravel on the road  that took him down or did he just go wide and target fixate and hit the gravel off the road?

In his own words, he didn't calculate the apex of the turn correctly (blind hill) and was too far right. He tried to ride it out in the gravel/ditch, but the gravel turned into a rut and threw him off. 

I'm no good for Thursday and probably can't Sunday either.  Hutch and I are going to ride tomorrow for a bit, 10am at KFC if anyone wants to join.  Otherwise, I'll try to make it out Sunday.  But it's doubtful.