Mini Track Day At Crp On 8/31/13 ?

redkow97

JB and I are talking about getting some practice in at Circleville in a couple of weeks, and it would be great to have a big group of riders.

If you have a supermoto or any kind of mini, it's only like $15 to practice.  We would be planning to get there somewhat early, so that we can be home around dinner, and not get our wives too mad at us.

I can bring an extra 2-piece suit for anyone in the 150-180 lbs. range.  It is short and snug on me at 6' 180, but it does the job.

Anyone want to come out and play?  Hell, you can run with knobby tires if that's all you've got...  I'd advise against it, but I don't think anyone will stop you.

Jbot, you will have a blast out there!!  not positive but might be able to run scooter in f4 class. someone will be along soon though I am sure. Also check out Ohio Mini Racing League. All rules and other stuff is posted there, On a side note who and where is Fireman? I used to see him post a lot and I know he is into the mini race league pretty big.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it turns out I won't be able to make it tomorrow.  I have a funeral to attend in the morning, and I just wouldn't get on the road in time to make the trip worth it :-/  

That combined with the 60% chance of rain has me resigned to parking lot hooliganism in the afternoon.

As far as Conrad goes, he mentioned to me that he blew up the motor in his F2 bike, and I'm not sure what the story is with his other bike.  He'll likely be out at the next race weekend, but hasn't been on the forums much lately. 

Everything but the stock classes are pretty much displacement-based, so if it's a 4 stroke scooter, it shouldn't be hard to figure out which class it's in.  The Grom would currently be in F3 (air-cooled 4 strokes up to 125cc).

Edited by redkow97

Im trying to get me an xr then i may be up

come out and race it.  The XR grid is usually 14-19 riders, with the majority (9 regulars) being novices.  The top 3 experts are stupid fast, but there is always someone to race against deeper in the pack, and the flaggers are pretty good about showing you a blue flag when the leaders come through.

I'm here... Leark'n in dark..

My Takegawa crank is done for this season... No time to really fix it and I'm not 100% on what I want to do with that motor for next season...

I'll be racing the 2 stroke NSR.. :(

I've been very busy with my Advocare business lately and haven't ha much time to reply to posts.. If anyone has any questions for me, it's best to reach me at via email at rdracer4@hotmail.com

It's also on the club website.

See ya at the track on the 14th

• 1 month later...

I've been wanting to stop down and riding with CRP/Motard for a while.......If any drama starts-up on the big track guys, I'll start hanging with the with the less drama little fries guys!!!! lol. Post up the next ride down at CRP or even Beaver if anyone going.....thanks

Edited by Chuck Clay

If anyone interested we play on dirt tracks during the week with motards/flat trackers and a few very fast speedway guys who rides on the USA speedway team and other speedway guy dad was a national dirt track racer #52....lol I wouldn't think they would care or we could start something....just no knobbies. I heard CRP had/has a supermoto track?????

CRP races will start around 11 AM. We run multiple classes of minis and one Super Moto class. Two sprint races per class. No specific SM track just the .7 mile 10 turn road course.

If you plan to race be there around 8 am.

Your bike doesn't need to be perfectly setup to race to have a lot of fun. You probably won't beat me anyway ;)

Edited by turnone
  • Upvote 1

CRP races will start around 11 AM. We run multiple classes of minis and one Super Moto class. Two sprint races per class. No specific SM track just the .7 mile 10 turn road course.

If you plan to race be there around 8 am.

Your bike doesn't need to be perfectly setup to race to have a lot of fun. You probably won't beat me anyway ;)

That's what the last guy said at Beaverun on Yamaha 426.........he now on the porch!!!!! lol

Sounds like challenge accepted :)

I hope he( Yamaha 426 boy) reads this and tells 12 of his buddies what I said and hope they all will be waiting on me at Beaverun next-time.....along with the European group out of Pittsburgh that want a piece of me of their 510 Husky!!!!! bring-it....lol

Edited by Chuck Clay

I hope he( Yamaha 426 boy) reads this and tells 12 of his buddies what I said and hope they all will be waiting on me at Beaverun next-time.....along with the European group out of Pittsburgh that want a piece of me of their 510 Husky!!!!! bring-it....lol

What times did you run at beaver? Assuming Wilson circuit.