Can't Catch A Break With The Usps

Scruit

Came home to find a package thrown onto my driveway right where I'd have run over it if I backed out of the garage.  Played back the cctv to find out what happened...  Did someone come and try to steal it but then change their mind?  Did the mail carrier just throw it out of a moving truck? 

Some of the edges of my driveway are marked by old railroad ties/sleepers.  She apparently can't tell the driveway from the grass and wound up bouncing over the sleeper and getting stuck for a short time.

Gonna call them tomorrow and have a quick word about keeping her damn truck off the grass...  And not throwing the damn packages...  And not leaving them on the driveway...

I haven't seen driving that bad since I watched the video of the scooter guy hitting everything in sight and then falling down that hole :lol:

In my new house, I'll have cameras at the front door and garage (as well as others) so it will be interesting to see what I catch.

Bro, it looks like you take care of your yard, much like myself.  And I will tell you one thing, I would be ripping someone's ass big time, and not just over the package handling.  Man I can't believe she did that all around.  Can you take the video in to show a super?  I would try to do that so you have the proof.  

• Upvote 1

I'll actually take the option to have a ups driver deliver at a slightly higher cost. The ups driver takes good care of me. I took a box back to the post office that didn't belong to me. They had damaged several boxes somehow in transit, and threw everything in one box with one label. It was like deer in headlights when they tried to understand. The next day they delivered it back to me. wtf

at least you got what you were looking for.

The piece of shit USPS lost a large cashiers check for a deposit for our photographer for the wedding. It was never delivered and its never come back to us and its pissing me off greatly because the bank won't cancel the check until 90 days after it was issued.

Yet people want more government run shit....IDIOTS!!!

The piece of shit USPS lost a large cashiers check for a deposit for our photographer for the wedding. It was never delivered and its never come back to us and its pissing me off greatly because the bank won't cancel the check until 90 days after it was issued.

And people wonder why the Postal Service continues to lose money.

As far as I'm concerned none of them are worth a crap.  A few years back we were having a large check sent to us which then had to go to the mortgage company.  Everything was time sensitive, so we had the check coming to us overnighted by UPS.  This was on a Tues or Wed, middle of the week thing.  We got the check the following Monday  This cost us a few thousand dollars being so late.  UPS said they had an emergency in the Cinn hub which caused the delay.  They refused to stand behind their guarantee and they would not even refund us our cost of having it overnighted since we could have paid ground charges and received it in the same amount of time.  Another time UPS sent parts I ordered from Dennis Kirk, to the west coast somewhere.  This took 2 weeks additional weeks ( a total of near 3 weeks) to get the parts I needed.  Dennis Kirk blamed UPS, UPS blamed DK, and even wanted to charge me additional fees to get it to me after all this.

You are taking a gamble anytime you enlist a shipping company.....any of them.

Edited by ohiomike

I can't figure out why this person even drove over the grass.  It's pretty obvious what the easy way to use your driveway is: pull straight in, back up into the left extension area, drive back out.  Your standard 3-point turn everyone should know how to do.  I drove one of those large Scott's Lawnservice fertilizer trucks for 2 years and successfully navigated tougher driveways than this.

Edited by smashweights

It's a sign from God. I told you... elope

I tired calling the mail carrier directly.  Got a "She's coming to the phone" then was on hold for 10 minutes.  Hung up and called the postmaster a coupe of hours later.  He obviously didn't get to speak with her until after she set of on her deliveries yesterday - another package thrown into the driveway right behind my wife's side of the garage, in line with her tire.  She nearly ran over it.

3rd day, 3rd package (and mail) dumped in my driveway instead of mailbox or front porch.  Dumped about 15' from my front door - so it's not like its saving her a bunch of time.  All it's doing is leaving my mail exposed to weather and at risk of being run over.

I believe I would be sitting outside my garage with a cup of coffee and laptop in hand when she pulled in. That was you can show her that you have proof as well as getting video for your survivors that shows her going postal on you.  :)

My USPS guy is pretty cool. Rides an 8 cylinder Boss Hoss. He occasionally brings pics of the new paint jobs or engine upgrades he does to it. He will always remind me of bike nights if I happen to see him.

That is a funny video. Thanks for sharing.

I will say, I've seen my USPS guy maneuver his USPS vehicle, and he is pretty solid. Much better than your crack addict USPS driver ;).

... He even brings treats for my dogs when he comes to deliver packages.

If we have a package our guy will sit in the driveway honking his horn, and if no-one comes out he will leave the card in the mail box and we have to gi pick it up. All because he is too lazy to get out of his car to put it on the porch.

sent via GS3