Drug Testing For Welfare.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Been trying to do this for years and it never goes anywhere, I am all about weed being legal... but I am not all about someone sitting home all day because they have 6 kids and WE as a society taking care of all there bills, while they are allowed to sit home and smoke all day well watching Judge Judy.

This bill is nothing to lipservice. They are going to ask you on the welfare application if you do drugs. If you answer yes, you get a drug test. If you answer no, business as usual. Fucking stupid.

Agreed.  This is how unemployment is already handled.  Check 5 boxes on a website every week declaring you meet the requirements, get a check.

Agreed.  This is how unemployment is already handled.  Check 5 boxes on a website every week declaring you meet the requirements, get a check.

They have gotten a bit more aggressive as of late, you have to fill out where, when, and how you applied, who you contacted, and keep a log.

They randomly audit logs and if yours are empty or lost, they will stop paying and send you a bill for the amount they did pay.

They have gotten a bit more aggressive as of late, you have to fill out where, when, and how you applied, who you contacted, and keep a log.

They randomly audit logs and if yours are empty or lost, they will stop paying and send you a bill for the amount they did pay.

Yep, this is how it was nearly 4 years ago.  Odds of audit?  Not too high.

Edited by smashweights

Yep, this is how it was nearly 4 years ago.  Odds of audit?  Not too high.

Not exactly (i've been through this a time or 2, last year was different than 4 years ago.)

My ex brother in law got audited...and he almost got charged with fraud. I'm so glad he's my ex brother in law, didn't like him from the start.

Fortunately for him, my sister was there at the time to bail him out of that mess.

Edited by magley64

Drug tests for government employees? Fuck you very much. It never ceases to amaze me how people are so quick to give up other people's rights. That it's what got us in this NSA mess. First it was just overseas, now the NSA it's giving info on domestics selling drugs to the DEA.

Why government employees? Is it because you think you have some special rights because you pay my salary? Well guess what, I pay yours somehow. I pay it off you work at a motorcycle dealer, or maybe you are the one that makes the f'd up Big Macs I keep getting. Whatever you do I pay for it.

Last big thing for us was forced background checks. New state law about four years ago. We had a 57 year old bus driver, perfect record at work her entire career. No tickets, no accidents....nothing. law passes, she fails because 35 years ago she got tagged for misdemeanor pot. Bam fired and retirement shot to hell.

All because some politician made some feel good law to get re-elected.

Same with welfare drug testing. Stupid feel good law so a politician can get his sheep to vote for him again.

• Upvote 1

I'm all for testing welfare slugs for drugs, however, with no exceptions - test all of them.

As for gov employees, they're public servants, should be held to a higher standard, and yes, tested.  We test in my industry and it weeds out the one's who don't belong, no pun intended. 

• Upvote 1

As for gov employees, they're public servants, should be held to a higher standard, and yes, tested. 

Why not motorcycle mechanics? If they are stoned and f' up someone might very well die.  If I'm stoned and f' up all that happens is a few computers don't work.

I'm all for testing welfare slugs for drugs, however, with no exceptions - test all of them.

As for gov employees, they're public servants, should be held to a higher standard, and yes, tested.  We test in my industry and it weeds out the one's who don't belong, no pun intended. 

Why stop there? Why not mandatory drug test everyone, you fail you go to jail...regardless of your socioeconomic standing, age, or religious affiliation... drug test the entire population and put any and all users in jail...

Want to boost our #1 spot of incarcerated per capita? that's the way to do it, and think of the boost to the economy... with all those new prison warden jobs...and new prison manufacturing/construction...

then we could use prisoners for free labor, and beat china's labor market... that would REALLY fix everything... or it would be total bullshit and an insane invasion of privacy... but w/e

Edited by magley64

Evey job ive had since graduating high school ive been drug tested. Thats both in private and government jobs so I have no issues doing the same with welfare recipients. Welfare gets abused by enough people to justify it in my opinion. I think the threat of losing their cash cow would be enough to straighten some people up.

Magz we already use inmate labor especially in Ohio. Look up OPI Ohio Penal Industries. If that company makes an item all state offices have to buy it from them. Their labor cost is about $30 per month for each inmate and the price they charge for items is about 4 times what is charged in stores. Nice little government scheme.

I think the threat of losing their cash cow would be enough to straighten some people up.

I don't think so...and I think the cost/benefit has already been proven to be a major loser for the taxpayer.

And i know several people who pass drug tests flawlessly regardless of getting high regularly...it's not difficult.

the biggest problem with drug testing is who's gonna pay for it?

Edited by magley64

Magz we already use inmate labor especially in Ohio. Look up OPI Ohio Penal Industries. If that company makes an item all state offices have to buy it from them. Their labor cost is about $30 per month for each inmate and the price they charge for items is about 4 times what is charged in stores. Nice little government scheme.

I thought the prisons were privatized... how would that be a government scheme?

Sounds good to me. I've never been a big fan of tax dollars paying for someone's drug habits. But the testing has to be random. I'd be willing to pay a bit more in my taxes to make sure people that are abusing the system don't get to continue to do so.

I also have been tested in all job fields I've worked it. Doesn't matter if you don't like the law, if you are caught breaking it, thats enough to get fired.

I'm opposed to the idea of drug testing everyone for sure.

But turning the prison system into a labor force sounds like a good idea. It would bring back some capital to the system and definately serve as a deterrant. I've never liked the idea that jail isn't a effective punishment anymore.

• Upvote 1

Why not motorcycle mechanics? If they are stoned and f' up someone might very well die.  If I'm stoned and f' up all that happens is a few computers don't work.

That just makes so much sense....you're smarter than that, Tonic.  

Each industry is different with respect to their requirements as well as the individual employer but state and federal employees - just like those of us who served in the military know all too well - should be drug tested regardless of their position.  I had to take a damn piss test every month when I was attending the SFQC at Bragg and was randomly tested no matter where I was stationed. 

You're not special just because you work for the state. 

I think this is the point... most of us who work in the private sector are drug tested as part of an initial screening process for new hires, then randomly based on suspicion or "lottery" type rotation, or if we have a recordable accident at work...

Government workers shouldn't be tested any more often simply because they work for the government.... you're not special, you shouldn't have special requirements.

Edited by magley64
  • Upvote 1

That just makes so much sense....you're smarter than that, Tonic.  

Each industry is different with respect to their requirements as well as the individual employer but state and federal employees - just like those of us who served in the military know all too well - should be drug tested regardless of their position.  I had to take a damn piss test every month when I was attending the SFQC at Bragg and was randomly tested no matter where I was stationed. 

You say we should be tested, as do many others. But I have not seen a valid logical reason why.  The answers always are along the lines of 'because you are a public employee'.  That isn't a reason, thats a job description. As far as you being tested in the military. You had a gun all the time, not to mention grenades and shit, I on the other hand am barred from having a gun at work. So if I accidentally shoot someone while stoned it will be on my own time, not at work.

Honestly, I don't get why all public workers should automatically be tested, but motorcycle mechanics, truck drivers, doctors, heavy equipment operators...people with jobs and responsibilities that can instantly end someone elses life...get a free pass.

It makes no sense to me, none at all.