Sena Bluetooth Smh10r

attentiongetter92

Voice commands in general work decent and the dialer is usually spot on, but as a added bonus on the Galaxy phones your supposed to be able to shout out a wake up command("hi galaxy"is the default) and never have to touch any thing, this is what I was referring to that is hit or miss. Plus with the mp3 player you can just say next, previous, pause, play, volume up, volume down. And not have to touch anything, but I usually just end up using the jog dial on the sena. But once S voice has been initiated I have no problems

How does s voice work for you? Does the wake up command work without hitting the phone button on the Sena? The only reason I switched to the Google voice dialer is my last name is not good for voice dialing. Whenever I tried to call family members I was having issues. To be fair, I only tried it a handful of times before reverting to Google. It was what I used on my old phone.

How does s voice work for you? Does the wake up command work without hitting the phone button on the Sena? The only reason I switched to the Google voice dialer is my last name is not good for voice dialing. Whenever I tried to call family members I was having issues. To be fair, I only tried it a handful of times before reverting to Google. It was what I used on my old phone.

S voice works great for me, the wake up command not so much, i too usually use the phone button. When i first got the Sena i had trouble with it dialing a couple names but i just had to tweak them. For example my wife's name is Becky and it had trouble identifying that so i changed it to Rebecca, and i used to have my mom's number in as "moms cell" and had to change that to her name, but no big deal.

After having everything in helmet at voice control, there is no going back.

^^this^^ and im betting you havent even figured it all out yet, i was still learning new things after a month or so...its amazing what paring one of these with a smart phone can  for such a small device

Edited by 2talltim

Yea, I think I have the basics down. I turned off the voice answer (I'd rather click to answer) and the com system so if I make a noise I don't mute my music (I'll turn it back on if I ride with someone that had one of these.) As far as I can tell, anything that Siri can be asked to do, I can command as far as phone control goes. I'm just excited to be cordless and not have headphone cords ripped out of my ears if a cord gets snagged on something like my jacket or RAM mount. Decided to add a piece of flair to my helmet as well. It's centered but I took the pic at an angle. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

I thought I had read somewhere that possibly with an update? Don't quote me on that though, and considering you and I just bought them I don't know of we would need one. I don't know anyone with one so I haven't had a chance to test out the intercom at all.

Sent from my iPhone.

• 1 month later...

I have my phone mounted on a ram mount on my triple trees so I can see my navigation, and my SMH10 lowers the music to give me the directions, which makes it nice so you don't have to stop to see where you need to turn.

Spin the dial without pressing it for volume control.

Press and spin to skip tracks if playing music.

If you have voice commands off (which I do) then tapping the button will try to use the intercom.

Pressing the phone button will access your phone and from what I can tell you can ask it whatever you can normally ask your phone to do with voice commands.

Press the phone button and jog dial for about four seconds to turn on. Press then again and it will immediately turn off.

I love this thing lol.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

i just bought a dual pack SMH10 from Iron Pony.  they matched an online price from Comp Acc and i got them for $249.99

i have only used it once so far, but absolutely like it better than my Interphone F5 system i had.

will be using them this weekend on a 4 day trip.  they are definitely louder than my interphone F5, and easier to use.  

hoping battery life is great to boot.