What? No 899 Discussion?

Moto-Brian

Not a single bit of fact and everyone was guessing which was fun to watch...  The specs are out, the bikes are in full production livery and not a peep.  Bummer...

This is a perfect street and track day bike for the masses and nobody has said boo about it?  I is sad.

I love how guys are bitching what class to race it in.  Most racers are club guys, right?  They have a 750 class that this thing will be perfect in anyways!  Why so upset over something that is so trivial and that they seem to forget we haven't been involved in for such a long time?

It's kinda silly actually.  But, the hope is it does well in the press.  If it does, it is going to be a great machine to be selling.

I know I am already sorting details for one next year since the 1199 spares work directly for the most part...

Well, we will have a closer look in a couple of weeks.  But, as we were given the details, looks like quite a bit.  Bodywork, tank, sub SHOULD BE (Gotta check), front rim possibly depending on the forks, and possibly some performance stuff...  We will get a better idea later but a good bit which isn't any different than the 1098/1198 to 848 era and models that were prior...

Well, not much buzz because the bike is a buzz kill. But then, Ducati continues to put out bikes I have no desire for. Guess they are targetting a younger crowd as the Hyper was the last bike to get my pocket book to open. Maybe the 848s will fall into cheapass territory quicker now.

http://rideapart.com/2013/09/2014-ducati-899-panigale-first-photos-and-specs/

I will wait to read the ride reports. I am sure it is going to impress. Same torque with more top end. Weight is interesting.

Edited by Revelstoker

for the record, i just want it noted that i had no part in the conversion of this thread from "ducati 899" to "purple headed dick strangulation"

Perhaps...but you did instigate the drunken mayhem to which IP alluded.

Drop off a bottle of whiskey...promptly leave before the carnage unfolds...dance puppets, dance!

• Upvote 2

I don't see how it's really any better than the 848, really. I mean, sure.. it's costs more.. so that's pretty cool. No single-sided swingarm, so that's also really cool. Doesn't make much more power.. so that's pretty cool. Weighs more... so that's pretty cool. Since it has no frame it pretty much disintegrates if crashed.. and that's hella cool...

That's a pretty big bargain when compared to the model it's replacing. :facepalm:

Read about it, wasn't impressed. 

How can you not be impressed with a bike that will surely handle as well as the 1199, has more HP than the gsxr750 at the ground or a really well built AMA DSB bike, has the sex appeal of the panigale and will sound glorious?

The weight is only 11 pounds heavier than the 1199 and few would even notice.

What would make the bike impressive?

I'm tellin ya, I think I could possibly cut faster laps on the 899 than 1199...