Ecu Help Needed

Repsol250

Hello Riders,

I put an aftermarket exhaust on my 13" CBR250R. While I'm riding when I have the throttle hardly on, i hear little backfires. It only happens when I'm maintaining my speed. Is there a way to reset my ECU? If there is, do I have to go to a dealership? I'm wondering if the only way is getting a Power Commander to fix this problem? If that is true then is there a little cheaper equivalent to the PCV?

Thanks for any help given.

You have little backfires because you have a smog pump type emissions system that injects clean air into the exhaust to burn away emissions. Your old muffler was quiet enough to mute the backfires. Your new one is not. You need a kit to block off the air injection inlets and an ecu override like power commander to remap your ecu to run with the aftermarket exhaust.

You have little backfires because you have a smog pump type emissions system that injects clean air into the exhaust to burn away emissions. Your old muffler was quiet enough to mute the backfires. Your new one is not. You need a kit to block off the air injection inlets and an ecu override like power commander to remap your ecu to run with the aftermarket exhaust.

Any chance you know what this air inlet kit is called?

SAI (Secondary Air Injection) block off plate. If one is not available you will need to get a Power Commander or a Tune Boy type tuner. But I would hit up a CBR 250 Forum they would have much better info than us.

I do remember seeing or reading somewhere that the Yosh pipe needed no tuning done to the bike.

Can I buy a used PCV and delete the maps on it and install the maps from PCV website? Or are the maps a one time install?

You can do that. Sometimes web maps work ok. But really, listen to the other peeps. Blocking off the air injector ifs the easiest cheapest fix.