Will Honda every build another V4 sportbike?

OhioBob

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.  I have seen the popularity of the V4 motor for years and now that Aprilla seems to be dominating with their RSV4 and Yamaha has their crossplane inline 4, I was wondering if Honda was going to up their game, especially in the sportbike scene to maybe the V4 again.  It seems to be the best of both worlds motor, other than the inline 3 motor that Triumph offers and now Yamaha is bringing out their version with the crossplane inline 3 coming in the FZ-09 next year.

I know Honda CBR1000RR has been poorly represented in the SBK series and I would think that it would indicate that Honda needs to up their game.  I think a V4 1000cc sportbike would be perfect.

Anyone heard anything on this?  What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

OhioBob

OP enters Honda V4 into google and gets?

1, when did Honda stop offering a V4?

2, where have you been for the last 2 or 3 years with the launch of the vfr1200

3, check out the badass V4 motogp bike that Honda has been beating everyone with for years

4, check out the new Honda V4, based on the GP bike, that Honda is offering to CRT teams and the one we hope finds its way into WSBK and a dealership near you.

Welcome to the club of peeps that have been waiting for a VFR1k for decades.

Not the VFR, but something more modern and sportier.  I know the VFR was based on the RC30, but something that can compete with other manufacturer's literbikes out there.

I have heard great things about the VFR800, but I don't really like the look of it and besides it is a hoss compared to the CBR1kRR.

I thought I read rumors about them offering a RV something next year or in 2015, but never heard whether it was confirmed to be true.  I just know that the CBR1kRR is getting served every race in the SBK and it frustrates this Honda fan boy.

Just was curious.

Tpoppa,
Yes, that is the one I read rumors about a while back.  Good to hear they are serious about racing again.  Sad, it will be too much for my blood.  At that price I might as well just jump on the Aprilla bandwagon.  But I sure hope it is a leap forward so they dominant for a while. 

Also, yes, I know that Honda uses V4 technology in their MotoGP bikes, heck they even used a V5 engine years back.  Anyways, I was just curious of what they might bring out to replace or along side the CBR1000RR for us mere mortals.  Sounds like it is too crazy for my pocket book.

Oh, well, at least I can dream once again of Honda greatness.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Now to get through this thing called Winter.  Arghhhhh.

OhioBob

Try $100k (dammit)

I don't the official price has been announced. USA price is usually cheaper than Europe price.

Regardless, I won't be buying at 70K or 100K.

I do have a $100 at my local Honda dealer for a yet to be announced V4 super bike. I still hope it's $20K.