Thinking about ditching the dish.... lots of questions

conn-e-rot

Yeah I'm not that into it dude. Someone else may need or want that sophisticated of a setup but I'm good with what I have. It works.

If you want to constantly have to fiddle with it, then that's your business.  With Sickbeard/SABnzbd (that can be run on anything, possibly even Android), it gets easier.  I'm not saying that you have to run out and drop 1.5 grand on a full-out NAS filled up with WD Red's, but it would turn me off as a new cordcutter to have to constantly massage and mess with a system to get what I want.

So I have no idea wtf just was discussed here but let's go back to people talking about normal stuff, like uh, not all techy that I can't follow lol.

I bought a $20 antenna at Target to try tonight at home, inside, flate panel, tiny little thing.  Just looked at the site again and looks like every station we could get anyways is within 20 miles of our house so they call it a "strong" signal.  Hopefully the antenna gets whatever and we dont need anything crazy. 

If you want to constantly have to fiddle with it, then that's your business. With Sickbeard/SABnzbd (that can be run on anything, possibly even Android), it gets easier. I'm not saying that you have to run out and drop 1.5 grand on a full-out NAS filled up with WD Red's, but it would turn me off as a new cordcutter to have to constantly massage and mess with a system to get what I want.

But I don't constantly fiddle with it. That's what 'it works' means.

20buck antenna from Target gives me clear as fuck free channels from whatever they said I would get, plus about 14 more channels than I thought.  Fuck cable, the end.

Kinda weird isn't....free shit's still out there.