How was this not huge news?

Casper

What this article is not telling you is this guy also has top level security clearance! definitely more to this story then we know right now.

This; read it on CNN or something yesterday, or radio, something, I forget.  But yeah, dude has high level clearance and know's his stuff, I will try to find where I saw it but there is way more to this story than we know.  In the end, dude is obviously nutso.

I read a follow up article to this, but can't find it right now.  It said he works at a military base in the Indianapolis area and had the 48 bombs, 2 hand guns, 2 black rifles, schematics/plans for a military base, and additional bomb supplies in the car.  It said he was planning on blowing up a "Seal training camp".  They picked him up heading westbound on I 70 west of Columbus.  The article said it was "unclear" where he was coming from when he was stopped.  (May have been a Ranger training camp, I really don't remember)

I saw one article that explained he was most recently sent to a unit for medical separation (medical discharge, unwanted by service, probably mental). At that time his job was as a groundskeeper (picking up trash). so yes, to go from intel to "I'm in trouble", he must have really messed something up. In this world, he was no doubt on a watch list or two, and those lists are forever.

Indictment today, grand jury later. Total of 83 devices found in van, 25 of which were large. Supposedly the remainder were initiator type devices. Depending on what type, some of this stuff can be unstable.