VFR 800 2014 8th gen?

NinjaDoc

The CB1100 was a great throwback and fairly well done - rumor is it'll get a 6th gear and more colors in 2014. 

That's the one I was thinking of when I said CB1000R, lol.

I want that bike bad, but let's be serious -- they already did that bike, way back when it was called... the CB1100.

I love my cb1000r... I feel like it's as close to perfect as I could ask for for what I'm looking for....No plans to ever get rid of it (although I will add a second bike sometime)... This is the second Honda I've owned, and I'm happy with both... Wouldn't say I'm a Honda fanboy or anything, but I have no regrets buying one and would do it again

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys haven't noticed Honda has really dropped the ball in all segments. I no longer think honda first for everything like I did for 2 decades or more. Now they are just one of many options.

I wish for them to use their capabilities and get back to the front. Short of MotoGP, I don't seem them as a leader in any category except sales volume.

I beg to differ on this subject. Talking as a consumer, Honda has produced 17 new models in the the past 14 months. I've never seen any manufacturers achieve such a thing. So inevitably yes, sales volume will go up. However, they still produce the leading edge in technology and consumer friendly motorcycles in the metric market. I for one am Impressed with Hondas strides to try to captivate a wide range of people. There aren't many manufacturers that are cranking up the heat and trying to appeal to all consumers, all the while producing a quality product that still (in my opinion) keeps them at the head of the table In most (not all) segments......just my 2¢ ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beg to differ on this subject. Talking as a consumer, Honda has produced 17 new models in the the past 14 months. I've never seen any manufacturers achieve such a thing. So inevitably yes, sales volume will go up. However, they still produce the leading edge in technology and consumer friendly motorcycles in the metric market. I for one am Impressed with Hondas strides to try to captivate a wide range of people. There aren't many manufacturers that are cranking up the heat and trying to appeal to all consumers, all the while producing a quality product that still (in my opinion) keeps them at the head of the table In most (not all) segments......just my 2¢ ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say you are talking as a consumer, but you sound like a Honda dealer.

17 new models = sales volume. Name 5 that lead their category in something else besides sales volume. You probably know their product better than I.

They stopped keeping all parts available a few years ago. CBR1K hasn't been redesigned since 2008. I can't think of any model that is technically superior to their completion. I'm not saying they build junk, I have 5 Hondas in my garage right now. I have a long standing deposit down on a bike that has been rumored for years, V4 super bike. I hope they get back to building bad ass and innovative products. Right now, they remind me of Toyota during the 90's. Great cars for boring people.

Edited by turnone

You say you are talking as a consumer, but you sound like a Honda dealer.

17 new models = sales volume. Name 5 that lead their category in something else besides sales volume. You probably know their product better than I.

They stopped keeping all parts available a few years ago. CBR1K hasn't been redesigned since 2008. I can't think of any model that is technically superior to their completion. I'm not saying they build junk, I have 5 Hondas in my garage right now. I have a long standing deposit down on a bike that has been rumored for years, V4 super bike. I hope they get back to building bad ass and innovative products. Right now, they remind me of Toyota during the 90's. Great cars for boring people.

They are doing exactly what toyota is doing. Riding the coat tails of their reputation.

I mean look and just convert the cars I'm using as an example into motorcycles.

Toyota Corolla - Basically the same bland boring car with very little changes since 1999. (Cough cough f4i into a cbr600rr)

Toyota Camry - see toyota corolla. (Cbr1000 unchanged for practically, well since they introduced the 1000)

See what I'm getting at, and this is more for honda of Mary'sville

No one gives a shit about a cbr 250/300 or a cbr500 off road naked adventure full faired bike.

Those are bikes the average person owns for less than 2 years and either moves up on to a bigger bike or gets so disappointed and gives upbecause their brand new 6500 dollar cbr500 gets blown away by a dinosaur katana 750.

I know why honda does what honda does and it is because they sell for a world market, which is all well and good but don't try to feed us lines of shit about how great their 51 new models are, because it's the same old shit the rest of the world has had for 10 years.

I am stlll a Honda guy, but on some of the new bikes lately, I dont know what the hell the styling guys are thinking. Look at the VFR1200, the DN1, the new Valkyrie, the CTX1300, the CTX700. They are all in competition for the fugliest motorcycle on the planet. These bikes are probly functionaly excellent, but gawd, please dont make me have to look at one. 

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 1

I hear what y'all are saying about nothing "exceptionally exciting" is being produced by Honda.  I agree that they aren't absolutely devastating the market with a new model that just crushes the competition.  However, what they do produce does exceptionally well across the board.  Lets face it, the CBR1000RR has NEVER been a raw, in-your-face motorcycle.  Many bikes today turn faster lap times but how many are as solid in every single aspect as the Honda?  Not many.  With a few minor upgrades, the CBR1000RR is so minutely behind the others that it really makes no difference on the street.  I read an article in Sportrider not too long ago that tested all of the liter bikes.  One of the writers had done some minor upgrades to his Fireblade and all of them had a hard time knocking it.  Was it the fastest?  No.  Was it the slowest?  No.  Did it do such an all around fantastic job that you just couldn't go wrong buying one?  Yes, it did.

I will give you that the Fireblade and other models need an update but you just can't go wrong with a Honda.  And here is my final take:  When they do release the next gen of sport bike, you better hold on to your panties.  You don't see Honda rushing anything, because when they do release it, it will be perfect and likely destroy the competition.  How many times have you seen it happen before?....since Honda's inception.  It always goes in cycles (no pun intended). 

I remember reading, somewhere in a magazine, that the reason the cbr1000rr never received traction control when all the other literbikes had it, was that they, "didn't just want to slap on the electronics for it."

Well that is a bit illogical when I really think about it. Sure they are Honda and want everything to be perfect, BUT you already have the technology to "slap" traction control on and put it in the same competition level as KawiSuziYamaBmdubaya.

Put it on, test the software and sell it for $1,500 more like everyone else did nearly 10 years ago and you will make extra money off of it, because now the market demands it, yet you are behind everyone else.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not bashing the quality of Honda's bikes, but some of their decisions and dealers like Honda of Marysville, trying to convince us how great their "new" models are, well, I'm not convinced.

I don't know what it is, but there is something about

Honda's that for me, appearance wise, they have a

generic look about them.  The wow factor is missing.

They look like bikes for the masses, with no real eye

catching pizazz.  I would like to see them jazzed up.