Snow until WHEN??

YSR_Racer_99

I got an email blast from one of the leaders of my sons Boy Scout troop a few minutes ago.  He states that based on conversations with multiple local weather experts from different agencies (we're in the Dayton/ Cinti area), "we could have snow until late May or early June this year".

Aaaaargh.  

I spoke to a client in Minneapolis last week.  She said that even THEY are sick of the snow, "and we're running out of places to put it".  

Just...no. I will pretend I didn't read this. If we have even a few flakes of snow in June, I'm packing my bags and heading south.

Just an FYI, it has never snowed in June anywhere in Ohio since as long as we've been keeping records of snowfall.

Just...no. I will pretend I didn't read this. If we have even a few flakes of snow in June, I'm packing my bags and heading south.

Just an FYI, it has never snowed in June anywhere in Ohio since as long as we've been keeping records of snowfall.

Lets just stay at Jennings

I'm moving to California where I can choose whether or not I want to see snow with a short drive up to the mountains.  Until then, I'll be chilling at the beach. 

Edited by RidersDiscount
  • Upvote 1

Yea, C-Bus is way older than he thinks.

I feel that old!

I was in a play in 9th grade. The play was the weekend of May 10th. I was loaded at the after party, was in a hot-tub with the cast, some 40 yo mom was rubbing my leg, and it snowed while we were in the hot tub. So much fail in that sentence.

• Upvote 1

How can we warm the globe?

Haven't you been keeping up on your end of the world movies? Clearly global warming will cause the polar ice caps to melt causing a shift in the ocean currents that will cause most of the northern hemisphere to be a frozen tundra. This must be what is happening now.

I feel that old!

I was in a play in 9th grade. The play was the weekend of May 10th. I was loaded at the after party, was in a hot-tub with the cast, some 40 yo mom was rubbing my leg, and it snowed while we were in the hot tub. So much fail in that sentence.

Lol, that is a win in my book. No fail there.

Haven't you been keeping up on your end of the world movies? Clearly global warming will cause the polar ice caps to melt causing a shift in the ocean currents that will cause most of the northern hemisphere to be a frozen tundra. This must be what is happening now.

Yep, melting caps lowers the concentration of salt and slows/alters the oceans currents.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/oceanography/ocean-current3.htm

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20031117204012data_trunc_sys.shtml

All I know is that when it doesn't snow in Tahoe in the winter, something is royally F'ed up.

I took a look, and it appears that high and low temps will run about 5 to 10F below normal averages through April 15. Can't really see ahead any farther than that. So it looks like too cold to ride in the early mornings through at least mid April on most days.

This is the first winter since I've been riding that I wasn't itching to ride come January. I've almost made it til March but now I can't stand it and need this shit to go away so I can ride already. Waiting til April would suckkkk