One for the Harley Guys

HeavyDuty

Yeah....122 is fast....but not fast for a motorcycle.

Speed is relative IMO. I think 130 on a Busa would seem rather tame. 130 on an old H1 Kawasaki on the other hand...

Edited by Kritz

Mine sees 100+ every time I leave my driveway if it's dry out. I wind her out in first second and third, then snap up to 6 and let her coast back down to cruising speed.

That reminds me of when I was in my 20s I use to do the same thing ever time one day I had just finish sinking up my carbs on the KZ so I took the bike for a test ride thru the neighborhood when I got back to the house a guy pulled in the driveway behind me and started to scream at me about the speed and kids out riding their bikes. About that time 10 of the guys from the club I use to ride with pulled up and parked in front of the house they were a real ugly looking bunch of guys so before me and the guy that was yelling could finish our conversation he ran away looking a little worried. After thinking about it I realized things can go wrong fast at that speed and place. Later that day I saw him out mowing his grass and stopped and apologized to him and never road like that in the neighborhood again

That reminds me of when I was in my 20s I use to do the same thing ever time one day I had just finish sinking up my carbs on the KZ so I took the bike for a test ride thru the neighborhood when I got back to the house a guy pulled in the driveway behind me and started to scream at me about the speed and kids out riding their bikes. About that time 10 of the guys from the club I use to ride with pulled up and parked in front of the house they were a real ugly looking bunch of guys so before me and the guy that was yelling could finish our conversation he ran away looking a little worried. After thinking about it I realized things can go wrong fast at that speed and place. Later that day I saw him out mowing his grass and stopped and apologized to him and never road like that in the neighborhood again

That's nothing. I went 110 in a school zone back in 84 on a Nighthawk S. Why I made it through the 80's without being dead or in jail is pure luck..

• 4 weeks later...

I love to mess with Squids its always fun to act like you want to race at a light and then when the light turns green watch them rocket off at 150 throw the intersection like a dumb ass  it still makes me laugh every time. I know a lot of my buddies do the same thing. We all started on rice burners so we know better.  We were all young and dumb at one time but you do not live to be and old rider if you say that way.

Edited by HeavyDuty

I love to mess with Squids its always fun to act like you want to race at a light and then when the light turns green watch them rocket off at 150 throw the intersection like a dumb ass  it still makes me laugh every time. I know a lot of my buddies do the same thing. We all started on rice burners so we know better.  We were all young and dumb at one time but you do not live to be and old rider if you say that way.

Well said my friend 

No desire for a road couch, never have and never will. And if I ever do, it would be a 160hp BMW K1600GT over any slow sloth that makes a bunch of noise and likes to impede the flow of traffic. ;)

I never thought I would like a big slow couch either but now that I have it I love it and I can still smoke the cocky new HD riders

All this performance talk and ... just yesterday ... I see this HD guy making a right on red. No problem, until he runs wide across the lane and uses both the double yellow line and part of the oncoming lane to finish his turn. I'm sure one or two of you have seen the same thing, over and over.

If they cant even ride how on Earth could they take advantage of anything even remotely performance oriented?

• Upvote 1

Similar issue, was a guy on a goldwing. I'm headed up 46 on the xx, doing about 60. This guy blows by me doing 80-85 in my lane. I say "ok, guess we're moving now" and climb up behind him. We're doing 80 to 90, and we come up to a "S" curve, 35 mph suggested, right first, he completely blows the turn and hits the opposite white line before making his way back into the correct lane...Nuts.

Similar issue, was a guy on a goldwing. I'm headed up 46 on the xx, doing about 60. This guy blows by me doing 80-85 in my lane. I say "ok, guess we're moving now" and climb up behind him. We're doing 80 to 90, and we come up to a "S" curve, 35 mph suggested, right first, he completely blows the turn and hits the opposite white line before making his way back into the correct lane...Nuts.

Just another one looking to get killed on that "S"

I never thought I would like a big slow couch either but now that I have it I love it and I can still smoke the cocky new HD riders

Always the exception, and I have passed plenty of Goldwing riders too. :)

Yea, I've never seen a sportbike do anything like that. Never go over the double yellow line, never seen one doing whoolies on a residential street. Sure wish I was as perfect as all the sportbikers are.  :asshat:

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2

Yea, I've never seen a sportbike do anything like that. Never go over the double yellow line, never seen one doing whoolies on a residential street. Sure wish I was as perfect as all the sportbikers are.  :asshats:

I think this thread started out as discussing performance, and it included HD. So my comment was to correlate a rider and his bike. I observed a struggling rider being dragged about by his ride and wondered how he'd fair on a performance machine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea, I've never seen a sportbike do anything like that. Never go over the double yellow line, never seen one doing whoolies on a residential street. Sure wish I was as perfect as all the sportbikers are.   :asshat:

Never a Vulcan rider though. Those guys are too cool for that. :)

Never a Vulcan rider though. Those guys are too cool for that. :)

Naw, they do it all the time.  We all even dress like pirates or squids sometimes.   :)

post-10994-0-75948900-1398880912_thumb.j

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1