Street_Ronin

Hello everyone, 

I'm a new rider and a new member to this site. I live on the West Side of Columbus and I just recently completed my MSF course and obtained my endorsement. I ride a Blue 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 500R. I'm 29 years old and mainly decided to start riding in order to be able to save money on my commute to work downtown every day because the daily cost of garage parking for cars downtown is ridiculous. It's also something I enjoy doing for fun.Yesterday was the first day of good riding weather and I put 150 miles on my bike just for fun cruising around with a friend (also a long time member on this site who recommended that I join). So hopefully there will be some fun group rides or road trips on here that I'll be able to join. I look forward to hopefully meeting many of you and picking up on some of the finer points in riding technique, motorcycle maintenance, tips and tricks,....whatever and above all else enjoy the ride! 

Thanks! And no my real name isnt street. Its just a nickname i had growing up because "boulevard ronin the third" was too long. Although tag happy isnt a bad handle either.

You'll fit in just fine here :D

Have you gone through that rigmorale to get the year long city parking pass yet?

I'm glad they have the program, don't get me wrong, but I'd love to see a few things changed:

-Not having to buy your tags at the city impound lot (aka the 3rd layer of Dante's Hell.)

-Being able to associate your tag with more than 1 bike.

- Pro - rating the cost for people who purchase later in the year.

I think the above shortcoming make the program pretty unattractive for all but the hardcore motorcycle commuters. I'm worried it may get scrapped due to lack of popularity. Or worse, they'll give our parking zones away to the damn smart cars.

• 2 weeks later...