wrmc flat track races in salem

Gixxus Christ!

Anyone interested? I used to go to the ama vintage races back when they had them in canton at the stark co. Fairgrounds. Now they're in lima. Flat track is always fun to watch.

http://www.westernreservemc.com/default.htm

Post up if interested, would be cool to get a group to ride out for a day at the races.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to race a few time there this season on cr500......I've been playing with a few buddies on their practice track that race at western reserve and Ashland HM, etc. on speedway bikes. One friend rides for USA speedway team for the last two years and wins western reserve a lot.

When I was a FL resident and made the annual trip to Daytona for Bike Week, it was just as much fun for me to see the Friday night Grand National race as it was the 200. Me and about 20 friends would all stand along the top section of the south grandstands and bet on the heats and then the final. Saw some great racing! Would wander the pits and see the families there all doing their racing thing. One of the reasons I enjoy my little bit of racing now with my family in tow. Flat track is a blast, and I might try and take this in! Thanks for the link!

Cool, how much to spectate?

It use to be if you rode a streetbike in on the Sat night races they let you in for free, otherwise it's $10.00. I don't know if those same rules apply this year. I'm more familiar with the MX track at Western Reserve but I think the flat track is only 1/4 mile. The speeds run are much less then you would see at the 1/2 mile track in Canton. 

DSC01101-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Western Reserve posted this on pitracer.com today. 

Sunday, May 18th- 8:00Gate, 10AM Practice, Race at NOON
150% Pro payout, with additional $500 to winner.
$10 gate fee, those riding bikes to track admitted free (as always)
CRA classes
www.westernreservemc.com

Ride your streetbike and get in for free!

They run a street bike class that is a crowd favorite, so you need to go when they run that class which is not ran at every event.

any street-legal bike, or does it have to be a cruiser?

seems like they have to have more rules than just 'street legal,' or someone would throw headlights and turn signals on a dedicated flat-track bike and completely defeat the spectacle of it.

That said, I would think about finding a bike for such a spectacle.  anything that runs well enough to make it there, but I don't care if it makes it back.  Bad time of year for those craigslist finds, but a few months ago, there were a ton of bikes under $500 that would have run 'well enough.'

I asked when I ran there this past April......I was told a HD group was running a exhibition race last year, so not sure if it will happen again soon?????

I was running against heavyweight flat trackers and money bikes against my ole cr500 which is kinda unfair too.......