Best place to purchase remote starter/keyless entry ?

RLeav20717

Looking to buy a remote starter (4 button keyfob with trunk release)..

Checked out a couple places already

Best Buy - $349.99 installed

CCAudio - $349.99 installed

Zeibart - $329.99 installed

Are there any places that any knows of on here that offer a decent price for what I'm asking?

I assumed this would initially cost in the 200-250 range...but she's a good girl so I don't mind paying $350 if I have to.

Thanks for the future suggestions!

Dom, at the Best Buy in Reynoldsburg, installed a very end Viper alarm system in a previous WRX I had...four years ago, and it still functions 100%(my friend owns the car now).

He is a top notch installer, that does things the right way.

I'll be using him again later this Spring.

Dom, at the Best Buy in Reynoldsburg, installed a very end Viper alarm system in a previous WRX I had...four years ago, and it still functions 100%(my friend owns the car now).

He is a top notch installer, that does things the right way.

I'll be using him again later this Spring.

Does he do side work? They won't install a remote start that I already own. I have to buy one from them. Not happening.

I wouldn't install and aftermarket remote start on a vehicle. Had it done once, worked great for a while, then it lost its mind and played the siren till it overheated and melted while I was at work. Would also lock me out of my car or randomly sound the alarm while I was driving.

I wouldn't install and aftermarket remote start on a vehicle. Had it done once, worked great for a while, then it lost its mind and played the siren till it overheated and melted while I was at work. Would also lock me out of my car or randomly sound the alarm while I was driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0BldOKYGRY

This happens all the time...  With cheap remote start units.  I have installed several of them through a former employer, and after realizing the questionable quality, we quit installing them, since people didn't want to pay the price for a quality unit, and it was just an added service that we provided anyway.

I have a high end Viper on my car, remote start and alarm.  I bought it used from the owner of a car audio shop that was closing, installed it myself, and have been using it for probably 7 or so years, with only one glitch, one time, that I think ended up being my fault.

I have to agree with what I have heard from many people, and that is to not go just anywhere.  I avoid the big box stores like Best Buy, unless you know someone there that has a great reputation of excellent quality.  Also, I have heard the horror stories of shady shops programming an additional remote and stealing your stuff (the employees, not the shop.) 

All of this sort of stuff I take care of myself.

Actually did a lot of reviewing on this subject early winter, before it got Fing cold out and found this guy;http://www.remotestartexperts.com/

He was BY FAR the cheapest, came to your work. home, etc. and was able to quote my F250 diesel with bypass, and delay for under 250, again, at my work.  Obviously didnt need a trunk release, but it was full setup replacing my 2 Ford Fobs and losing nothing with the new remotes.

I will be getting it done this fall for sure, and regretted it all through Jan, Feb, March for sure.

I think my quote was 239 installed.

Dude talked to me for like 40 minutes because like many others have said, I have heard some great, and many terrible stories on aftermarket remote starters.  he reassured me of their quality work, using a specific harness, no ghetto wiring, and that it was covered for I think 1-2 years free maintence and they offered other warranty packages.  I think the webiste tells you about everything including price, but if your key has the transponder in it like most Ford's, add 50 for the bypass to the price, installed.

• Upvote 1

Had ziebart in R+burg do mine, Jason that works there is a good dude. Only problem I had was one of the remotes died, no problem since I paid$30 for the life time replacement plan.

Had mine done locally by ziebart, and I also got the replacement plan. Definitely worth it! I just got the one button system and I'm happy with it!

Had mine done locally by ziebart, and I also got the replacement plan. Definitely worth it! I just got the one button system and I'm happy with it!

you prob have the same one I do(compustar I think) mine was$250 (on sale) with bypass blade installed plus the $30 remote plan. I'm sure you can buy them on the interwebs but they are supposed to be dealer installed only, so I'm guessing they are a bit above average on the quality scale. Edited by 2talltim

Installed one of the el cheapo bulldogs myself on an old Grand am I had... I think all in it cost me $30 at kmart.

http://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-RS82-I-Yourself-Remote-Starter/dp/B00009WC2N/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396535246&sr=8-4&keywords=bulldog+remote+starter

Took an hour or so to get it wired properly, worked great for the year or so that I had the car, and made for an excellent selling point when i got rid of it.

Never had any problems (probably because I installed it myself and knew what I was doing), but I have no idea how long that car lasted, the transmission was starting to slip, and shift funny, which is why I sold it.

Went ahead and purchased the remote start from Zeibart, $350 installed

Did you get the remote plan?, i just had another one take a crap today. I think something had the button pushed in my lunch bucket all day and ran the battery dead but ill just have them replace it. Mine works up to 800 ft away and will even go through walls well, you will be happy with it.

Did you get the remote plan?, i just had another one take a crap today. I think something had the button pushed in my lunch bucket all day and ran the battery dead but ill just have them replace it. Mine works up to 800 ft away and will even go through walls well, you will be happy with it.

Not sure if it included a remote warranty...I'll have to ask when I go back..if not I think that would be a wise decision to purchase that

Not sure if it included a remote warranty...I'll have to ask when I go back..if not I think that would be a wise decision to purchase that

Yea i got mine 2 years ago and the replacement plan was $30 then. If you break, loose, or if it just quits working your covered. So if you use it once it pays for itself. 

Actually did a lot of reviewing on this subject early winter, before it got Fing cold out and found this guy;http://www.remotestartexperts.com/

He was BY FAR the cheapest, came to your work. home, etc. and was able to quote my F250 diesel with bypass, and delay for under 250, again, at my work.  Obviously didnt need a trunk release, but it was full setup replacing my 2 Ford Fobs and losing nothing with the new remotes.

I will be getting it done this fall for sure, and regretted it all through Jan, Feb, March for sure.

I think my quote was 239 installed.

Dude talked to me for like 40 minutes because like many others have said, I have heard some great, and many terrible stories on aftermarket remote starters.  he reassured me of their quality work, using a specific harness, no ghetto wiring, and that it was covered for I think 1-2 years free maintence and they offered other warranty packages.  I think the webiste tells you about everything including price, but if your key has the transponder in it like most Ford's, add 50 for the bypass to the price, installed.

I'm going to give him a call tomorrow. I biggest issue is getting to a place when they're open. Awesome. Thanks man. 

I'm going to give him a call tomorrow. I biggest issue is getting to a place when they're open. Awesome. Thanks man. 

Yeah dude, the guy you'll talk to is totally nerdy but he isnt the one that does installs, it's his partner/b*tch or something.  But this guy knows his crap man, like I talked to him for 45 minutes explaining how anal I was about things being done right with my cars and he got it and assured me it would be the cleanest install possible.  Said install is less than 2 hrs, I think 1 hr actually.

I'm calling him this fall for sure and getting one done, truck won't fit in any normal garage no matter what, so might as well make it not suck as bad for next winter. 

Let me know if it works out for you and how you like it.