Back In The Dirt / and Wolverine rebuild thread

2talltim

This very well could be.

I'm a funny the guy talk like he needed to sell the quad because we really need the money. Then little later on in the conversation he talked about wanting to buy a side by side. Lol

Vin number match the title? If not, don't tell.

Vin number match the title? If not, don't tell.

honestly I never checked, thanks for making me paranoid, got to go out do that now

All is well...LOL..dont know why i never checked that, i accually ran a VIN check with my phone before i forked the money over to make sure it wasnt stolen or had a lien, but i just used the number of the title he had never crossed check it with the frame. That could have been very bad :facepalm:

Edited by 2talltim

Got the brake pads and new spark plug today, so we installed the rear pads and the plug. Got everything bleed out really well, everything seem to work as they should. Still waiting on the caliper pistons to do the front, and i just received tracking for them today, hope they get here by the weekend. The same goes for everything else hoping for the weekend. Debating on ordering the belly/a arm skid plates too, thinking about these http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-12-Yamaha-Wolverine-A-arm-Frame-Skid-Plate-set-ATV-/380879178528?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58ae2b0b20&vxp=mtr it's only money right?

Edited by 2talltim

Very nice resurrection. Although you do know you lost at least 4 hp when removing the stickers!

Ordered my brake pads and pistons $110, just picked up all the fluids I needed for $50, just waiting on Mike to quote me a price on the skid plate and ill have everything on the way. Might order a slipon too that stock muffler looks like shit and I can get a DG on fleabay for $150

You're not referring to Mike of MJUSA are you?

I know, right. Why spend thousands of dollars on a new machine just to watch it rot away. Kinda feel like I'm rescuing it. That dude would have just put about$100 into it he could have sold it for at least$500 more than I paid him for it.

Are you going to tell what you gave for this gem?

Very nice resurrection. Although you do know you lost at least 4 hp when removing the stickers!

You're not referring to Mike of MJUSA are you?

Are you going to tell what you gave for this gem?

i was told 100 HP

No was talking about Mke from Riders Discount 

Cash and ammo...LOL

Edited by 2talltim

Couldn't resist i ordered the skid plates and some used parts to put a Kodiak recoil pull starter on it. Don't tell the wife

Order a winch kit mext. And do you think you would be able to pull Steve out when he get's buried? 

Order a winch kit mext. And do you think you would be able to pull Steve out when he get's buried?

I do want a winch but that's last on my to do list, it would depend on how much cash he had on him...lol

He still will not make it through that hole! many have tried including last weekend....There was nothing but side walls of mud there last weekend where a side by side or something big got buried and needed pulled out.

I think he needs to install a winch too. Why stop investing, there's always something else to buy.

sent using tappetalk!

guess I didn't realize that he didn't have one, yeah if I had a big bike like that there's no doubt I'd have the biggest one I could fit on it

That thing is the size of a jeep, so it's appropriate.

At Least now it doesn't sound like a car. We need to get back on topic, hows the Wolverine doing? I always like that version of a crossover quad, compared to say a Scrambler. But I'm too big of a Buckeye fan to own one.  :ohiostate:

Edited by M_Quick

At Least now it doesn't sound like a car. We need to get back on topic, hows the Wolverine doing? I always like that version of a crossover quad, compared to say a Scrambler. But I'm too big of a Buckeye fan to own one.  :ohiostate:

LOL @ the M reference, Still waiting on the caliper pistons but Brown Santa was good to me today.....

New swinger Moose Racing skid plate....

20140425_185003.jpg

And the new DG RCM2 pipe...got a hell of a deal on it $150 delivered, one of the reasons it so cheap is because its all powder coated steel(not stainless or aluminum)but it is still way lighter than the orininal. Stock heat shiel bolted right to it, and it has a Gub-ment aproved spark arestor. My only issue with it was that i did not come with a mid pipe clamp, the original one is too big on it. Honestly it has a very snug fit and looks like a clamp isn't needed but i;m going to email them to be sure. And im thinking i wont need to rejet due to the spark arestor and the internal cone design of this pipe, but ill check the plugs after i put some miles on it and make that decision on what i find. Here is a pic and video.

20140425_185255.jpg

Parts still to come...

Brake pistons

Belly Skid plate

A arm skid plates

Recoil starter mod parts

Edited by 2talltim