AT&T picks Cleveland over Columbus for new high speed internet?

Casper

If we're talking population then yea sure it's declining but I'm talking businesses, restaurants, hotels, things of that nature have been thriving and growing for sure. Downtown living is becoming popular again, houses around me at least are on the market for an average of 30 days or so

Everyone can make the Cleveland joke becauSe it's easy. Nobody bothers to actually experience it for themselves and realize what a Midwest gem it actually is

What you're describing is the cyclical migration of populations from inner city, to the suburbs, and back. It's happening nationwide.

I'm not at a computer so I can't reference anything concrete but I've read articles upon articles saying the same from Clevelanders and non-Clevelanders alike

Take your time. I'll wait. :)

I'm happy up here. You can have the traffic.

Yeah the morning rush hour traffic to work sucks. I mean, it's a long hallway between my bedroom and office, and the dogs always seem to block it up. Takes like 10 seconds on a good day, but can be up to a minute or two if I have to pee.

:lol:

• Upvote 2

Yeah the morning rush hour traffic to work sucks. I mean, it's a long hallway between my bedroom and office, and the dogs always seem to block it up. Takes like 10 seconds on a good day, but can be up to a minute or two if I have to pee.

QFT!

Damn it, Ben.  I have the same problem!

So you just live in your house now, and go no where?

Makes no sense to me at all, last I checked Northern Ohio is not thriving at all. Columbus is the beating heart of the state, with Cincinnati being right there as well. As far as the AT&T Uverse goes, I have it and am really impressed so far. Very easy to use, best pic quality I have seen, on demand works flawlessly, and the entire service is just plain fast and efficient. Also my service has been stellar, had 2 techs here within an hour of the last time I called in for service, and they replaced the equipment with "new" not used or reconditioned crap. 

ah someone is still stuck in decade old thoughts! It's ok, we can't all be right all the time

Never realized it was just me that still thinks that. ;) An awful lot of folks relocating down to Central Ohio from the North, but I wish nothing but the best for Cleveland and the surrounding areas to bounce back.  :cool:

Been bouncing back for 5+ years in many, many ways

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2013/03/census_estimates_show_greater.html

Sorry man. Population is still declining. That's not the sign of a thriving metropolis. 

Somebody's been lying to you. 

If we're talking population then yea sure it's declining but I'm talking businesses, restaurants, hotels, things of that nature have been thriving and growing for sure. Downtown living is becoming popular again, houses around me at least are on the market for an average of 30 days or so

Everyone can make the Cleveland joke becauSe it's easy. Nobody bothers to actually experience it for themselves and realize what a Midwest gem it actually is

I'm not at a computer so I can't reference anything concrete but I've read articles upon articles saying the same from Clevelanders and non-Clevelanders alike

What you're describing is the cyclical migration of populations from inner city, to the suburbs, and back. It's happening nationwide.

Take your time. I'll wait. :)

I'm happy up here. You can have the traffic.

I moved from NE Ohio to Cbus three years ago and I can honestly say I that I like NEO a lot more. There's way less traffic up north, and just as much to do. Aside from OSU games, there's not much you can do in Cbus that you can't do in NEO. Plus Cleveland has 3 professional sports teams and Cbus has none - sorry hockey and soccer don't count :D  I won't argue the population figures and economic figures cuz numbers don't lie and Cbus is faring better than Cleveland, but from a livability standpoint, NEO has a lot going for it, which is why I'm moving back. This is all just my opinion and doesn't really mean much but just thought I'd throw it out there since I've lived in both places.

Edited by CleaveTheGreat
  • Upvote 1

I moved from NE Ohio to Cbus three years ago and I can honestly say I that I like NEO a lot more. There's way less traffic up north, and just as much to do. Aside from OSU games, there's not much you can do in Cbus that you can't do in NEO. Plus Cleveland has 3 professional sports teams and Cbus has none - sorry hockey and soccer don't count :D  I won't argue the population figures and economic figures cuz numbers don't lie and Cbus is faring better than Cleveland, but from a livability standpoint, NEO has a lot going for it, which is why I'm moving back. This is all just my opinion and doesn't really mean much but just thought I'd throw it out there since I've lived in both places.

Cleveland's sports teams hate it so much there they move. 

• Upvote 2

So true! Now that the weather is turning nice, taking the laptop and phone out to the patio to work for a few hours is really going to blow. I love working from home.

• Upvote 1

So true! Now that the weather is turning nice, taking the laptop and phone out to the patio to work for a few hours is really going to blow. I love working from home.

Yup. Nothing quite like having a cup of coffee on the deck while on a conference call. :)

Oh yeah?! Well, we have the twisties in our back yard, so thhhppppbb.

As do we. And they aren't clogged with grandpa Sunday driver, hipster McPrius asshole or hippie vans like Hocking Hills
  • Upvote 1

Yup. Nothing quite like having a cup of coffee on the deck while on a conference call. :)

I personally like the "remote office".  It doesn't always have to be coffee on the deck.  What about beer on the patio?  Pick what works best for you: The Kilt, BJ's Brew, Bar Louie, Elevator Co, CBC, Winking Lizard, etc.  I had many when I lived up north.  :D

not this shit again.

it's fucking ohio. "my piece of shit is the best!"

pathetic.

I think in this case it's more along the lines of, "your piece of shit is the worst".

:D

I just love seeing Bad get his panties in a twist.

• Upvote 1

oh and cleveland's like WAY FUCKING BETTER YOU CBUS FOGGITSSSSSSSSSSSsSSSSSSSsssss

Cleveland's like your best friend's aging sister. She was hot back in the day, and you totally would've hit it. But the years have been rough, and you always kinda wondered if there was some incest going on there. 

• Upvote 2

Never been to Cleveland in 42 years on this Earth, I think I will continue that streak. :) Oh and for the record.......I much prefer to not live in the city at all, considering where I grew up this was quite the culture shock for me.