Talk about bad luck

CbrGirl

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080403/NEWS01/80403048

NEW WINDSOR — A Beacon man died earlier this evening in a motorcycle accident in the parking lot of the business where he had just purchased the motorcycle. He was not wearing a helmet.

New Windsor Police were dispatched to the parking lot of Jim Moroney’s Cycle Shop at 833 Union Ave. at about 6:08 p.m.

Dennis Walden, 56, of Beacon, was driving a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle in the parking lot of the shop. He had just purchased the bike, and was riding across the parking lot when he lost control and struck a parked vehicle. Police said he wasn’t wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.

Walden was treated at the scene by New Windsor Volunteer Ambulance and Regional Ambulance, and transported to Saint Luke’s Cornwall Hospital in Newburgh, where he was pronounced dead.

Natural selection at work. I wish I could feel sorry for him but all I can think is at least he crashed in a parking lot and didn't kill some poor asshole riding another bike beside him. (or worse slam into some mom's minivan and kill her unbuckled children)

Interesting honest view. Sad, but so true.

Ha..yeah they do..

that does suck...i wanna hear a more in depth article of exactly what happened..

I heard on 600rr.net that the man didn't know how to drive a motorcycle and they were trying to teach him to use the clutch. Apparently, he lost control and collided into a truck with a snow plow on the front. Supposedly, he had a trailer to take it home on, too. I'm not sure how accurate all this is though..

That is a sad bit of luck there. I would be interested in hearing what kind of bike he was on too. Was he like some young squid who hops on a 1000 for his first bike and wheelies his way to St. Peter's office? Not that it takes more than falling off a 250 to crack one's brain housing group.

And now it must be even harder for them to sell HDs with crime scene tape in the parking lot.

Thin the herd' date=' baby. The more of these semi-retarded asshats that kick the bucket the smarter the human race becomes. Just like smoking pot or drinking beer makes me smarter. Obviously the weed and alcohol kills of the weeker brain cells that can't fend for themselves. When the 'dumber' cells buy the farm the smarter, less used cells kick in. Thus, making me a more intelligent being. If I am only going to use 10% of my brain anyway I want it to be the smartest bits. So, I kill off the the useless 90% and keep the good 10%. Makes perfect sense to me. Unless I already smoked and drank the 100% away and am now just fucked. But my point is if we stand back and let the morons end themselves we are all better off in the end.[/quote']

so ur saying if ur 16 yr old wrecks his car a day after getting it, it was just nature? Getting rid of the "asshat"....get real :rolleyes:, you sir are an asshole

so ur saying if ur 16 yr old wrecks his car a day after getting it, it was just nature? Getting rid of the "asshat"....

Uh oh, Aaron, he has the right to his opinion, you're going to turn this thread into a fight dude.:nono: Let's not give people opportunities to have another bikering thread man.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeace and Looooooooooove! :cool:

A Harley. What kind doesn't matter, they only come in one speed...slow.:dunno:

:lol:True, but was he on a 600 sportster or a mother-in-law sized Road King. Just curious what might have squished him I guess.

No, i would agree with that Nick, but having seen many a knucklehead who didn't know how to ride pick something that was so completely exceeded an entry level machine, I am always facinated to see what someone gets as a first bike. Gets back to the thinning of the herd analogy, one that I happen to agree with.

No, i would agree with that Nick, but having seen many a knucklehead who didn't know how to ride pick something that was so completely exceeded an entry level machine, I am always facinated to see what someone gets as a first bike.

Oh god, it blows my mind what some people get for their first bikes. I am totally against anything above a 600 for a starter bike. I learned on a 250 for a few months. There is much more to riding than just shifting and twisting the throttle that you won't learn well at all on a big motor. Smaller motor/smaller bike is much more forgiving towards mistakes which makes it a better learning tool.

Doesn't take much to kill yourself though. It was either last year or the year before here in Dayton and some knucklehead took his buddy's bike for quick spin. He was only reportedly going about 25MPH, but his head hit the curb killing him.

Um' date=' pretty sure you just defined 'natural selection.' If the 16 year old isn't intelligent enough to make sure he is driving safely then yes, he should die in a fiery blaze. But I wouldn't compare a teenager to a full grown man who decides one day he can ride a bike. (especially without some sort of protection) And I don't think slinging personal insults will make me change my opinion or even think twice about saying it. Crashing happens to the best of us. I crashed a few years back and went sailing over the bars into a ditch. Fortunately I lived through it. (I was also wearing protective gear) I learned from my mistakes and became a better rider because of it. That is not the definition of natural selection. That is the definition of survival of the fittest. I have no sympathy for stupidity or irresponsible behavior resulting in your own demise. Fuck the whole lot of them. I doubt this was this guys first dance with idiocracy. It just seems this time it caught up with him. I don't know how that makes me an asshole but if you insist.[/quote']

I said ur 16 yr old, your son, so in essence ur saying...you are an asshole. that only cares about urself. Im not trying to be an ass, sorry but i dont agree with ur "logic" Why cant you compare a teenager and an adult? And i never said i defined anything, I was purely saying nature, not natural selection. I dont have much sympathy for stupidity either but no one deserves to lose their life.

Oh god, it blows my mind what some people get for their first bikes. I am totally against anything above a 600 for a starter bike. I learned on a 250 for a few months. There is much more to riding than just shifting and twisting the throttle that you won't learn well at all on a big motor. Smaller motor/smaller bike is much more forgiving towards mistakes which makes it a better learning tool.

I used to work for a bike accessory shop in Jax, FL, and we would see the greenest noobs come in on brand new ZX-9s or 900RRs looking to trick the shit out of their new ride, still shod in nipple encircled tires and temp tags. And two months later they were in putting pics of it up on the classifieds board. That is, if they could grip a push pin with a cast on.

I cut my teeth on an old Kawi KZ550LTD then an old GS500 that a buddy of mine had, and I remember thinking "Christ..this is fast!". While I am very much against any laws that one might concoct to protect some rider from themselves, or force dealerships to not just sell any bike to any rider, it would be nice from time to time to see some common sense executed and enforeced within the community. But then again, they would be interfering with the natural selection process.