RE-Introduction from the Delaware area

banditj13

While I am not "new" to the forum, or to Motorcycles, I have returned after quite a long hiatus. 

Life demanded that the motorcycles got set aside for a while... but I have finally beat back life, and came out on top... for now...

Switched from cruisers (CB750c, Magna, Vulcan) to a sportbike, 2008 Honda CBR600rr. I guess it was a "bucket list" thing for me. I never really thought much of the sport bikes, to many squids, and otherwise crazy stupid stuff on the road...but now that I am on one, I realize the excitement of twisties that I was missing (even if I can't carve 'em like a seasoned rider)

And before you all say it - no squiding from me...  I bought the gear before the bike was delivered... both tires have and will (as much as it remains in my control) remained on the pavement, and the chicken strips are wide, with no desperate plans to shrink them (beyond riding skill development)

See you on the road!

Best pictures I have right now (cell phone pics from delivery day)

Overall, from what I know of the bike, it has the following done to it:
Woodcraft frame and swingarm sliders
Tripage fender eliminator
Tripage Integrated tail with turn signals, programmable
Two-Brothers M2 Carbon slip-on (sucker is loud!)
Pazzo Racing lever set (pretty sure they are the shorties)

cbr_side

cbr_front

cbr_rear

cbr_2bros_m2carbon

cbr_pazzo

Welcome back. Join us in a trackday if you really want that new-found-twisty-lovin'-grin widened. You'll learn what no road can teach

I have already been looking at a mid ohio track day... it's the closest track to me that I am aware of... It's gonna be a while before I can pony up the money to do it though... gotta get all the gear first.

Any other tracks near delaware? Will watch the relevant threads

Welcome back, would like to see you on one of our rides some time. 

CSBA rides? like the one tomorrow to hocking? I was going to go tomorrow, but Mother's day plan with the family supersedes...

Yes, tomorrow is the first ride of the season for the Ohio CSBA. We put a ride together every month during riding season. June's ride will be the 3rd Saturday of june. I will have the ride posted by the first of June.