Work Boots

conn-e-rot

Hey guys I'm getting ready to start a new job and will be required to wear safety toe boots or shoes which I have not had to do since '97. What brands do you recommend looking at and what brands should I avoid? I'd prefer lightweight and comfy.

Red Wings 2604. Don't listen to brian, he's a desk jockey and probably never even broke his in ;)

Before my desk jockey spot, I was a Dock Manager at Yellow Freight. If a boot isn't broken in by walking an average of 7 miles a day, 4 days a week for 3 months then that boot is not worth the money if you ask me

Edited by Bad324

I wear the Timberland Pro Pit Boss boots in a 6inch.  They make them in both steel toe and non.  Got my first pair back in 1999 or 2000 and have been wearing this model shoe ever since.  I used to work on aircraft so I would spend huge amounts of time standing on concrete floors and constantly up and down steps and ladders.  I get about 2 years from a pair before I wear the soles smooth.  Never had problems with the leather.

Yeah my bad 2406. I'm on my 2nd pair in like 10 years and I just got them 2 yrs ago. Stopped wearing the pair before that because the soles were shot out from my last job at a welding shop, stepping on slap etc. Still got the old ones, uppers are still good on em, could get them re soled for $75 and have a backup pair. Idk what brian is talking about, every pair of red wings I've bought has been very comfy after a short break in period.

I'm currently wearing Caterpillar Men's Alaska Lace-Up Steel Toe Boots - durable, tough looking, comfortable, well made, and they're MAN's boots that should last a long time (I beat the shit out of them in the field everyday on my cell sites).  If and when they finally fall apart, I will gladly buy another pair.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007TQF1M/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Redwing, more specifically, made in the US with US materials.

You can only buy those at a RedWing boot store.

Anything better is going to be twice as expensive.

I've been wearing the 2404 for over two years, and they still look new.

Edited by BadTrainDriver
  • Upvote 1

Redwing, more specifically, made in the US with US materials.

You can only buy those at a RedWing boot store.

Anything better is going to be twice as expensive.

I've been wearing the 2404 for over two years, and they still look new.

I didn't know you could get red wings anywhere other than a red wings store or if the bootmobile comes to your job.

http://www.glensoutdoors.com/wolverine-8-raider-multishox-steel-toe-boot.html

One thing about shoes is what works for one may be crap to another. I really don't care how long they last..comfort is more important to me. I am hard on boots. If I get a year and half I consider that a win. They don't fall apart I just wear them out. Been that way for 42 years. I'm on my third pair of these and they are keepers. The Multishox sole thingy doesn't clap out in three months. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck on the new job.