Concealed Carry on a motorcycle

wikiwiki750

I want to get my CC for the motorcycle. I am waiting till I get more experience with a firearm. I have had people approach me while at a gas station and it would be nice to know I have something to defend myself if they decided to do more than talk to me about my motorcycle.

I want to get my CC for the motorcycle. I am waiting till I get more experience with a firearm. I have had people approach me while at a gas station and it would be nice to know I have something to defend myself if they decided to do more than talk to me about my motorcycle.

That's the whole idea behind the training that is required to get your permit.

Not really. Most of the courses I have seen expect you to have some experience with a firearm. Maybe there are others that don't but i would prefer to be a little comfortable with my firearm before going into the class. Maybe that's personal preference...

Not really. Most of the courses I have seen expect you to have some experience with a firearm. Maybe there are others that don't but i would prefer to be a little comfortable with my firearm before going into the class. Maybe that's personal preference...

Your looking into the wrong classes then, the one I did many years ago treated everyone like they had never laid eyes on a firearm before. And that is what it's supposed to be like (basics), a bit too much of back to basics for some but necessary. Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Ok, either way, I would prefer to be comfortable with a gun before going to the class. Again, a personal preference.

Personal preference to potentially learn it the wrong way, more power to ya. Edited by 2talltim

I understand what you are trying to say here but I do know people that are very experienced gun owners that I am working with. I appreciate your concern for learning proper technique and I completely agree. I want to get a couple of rounds through my gun before I go to the class considering I haven't even got to shoot it yet.

I've been shooting since I was idk...11 or 12. After my class I spent lots of time and money unlearning all the bad habits I had taught myself or learned from my dad/uncles/brother etc..

look at some Masad ayoob or magpul dynamics videos on YouTube and at least learn proper grip and stance before you go shoot.

I've been shooting since I was idk...11 or 12. After my class I spent lots of time and money unlearning all the bad habits I had taught myself or learned from my dad/uncles/brother etc..

look at some Masad ayoob or magpul dynamics videos on YouTube and at least learn proper grip and stance before you go shoot.

Definitely! I will look into those.

Wow I didn't expect this much feedback haha. So let me ask this. Has anyone ever had to use their weapon in a self defense manner? or have even drawn the weapon in a situation before? I always see stats about how less than 1% of the entire CCW have ever been in a "situation" before but stats are usually bogus nowadays. 

Wow I didn't expect this much feedback haha. So let me ask this. Has anyone ever had to use their weapon in a self defense manner? or have even drawn the weapon in a situation before? I always see stats about how less than 1% of the entire CCW have ever been in a "situation" before but stats are usually bogus nowadays. 

Yeah, 84% of statistics are misquoted.

• Upvote 1

I never have on the bike. Once i have drawn my gun in my truck but no force was used. I had a guy begging for money jump into my window that was open when went to give him a dollar. He ended up on my lap half hanging out of the window. After trying to punch him a few times, which didnt work since he was laying on me i drew my gun and jammed it in his ribs. He jumped out the window screaming "dont shoot me brah!!" And ran away after he hit the ground. Gotta love east cleveland and working swing shift.

Never on the bike, but I had to put my G26 in a guy's face about five years ago. He saw me coming out of crack-Kroger with some beer and stated following me to my truck yelling "give me some fucking beer". As I opened my door, I discretely drew. He pulled open my door as I shut it and got a face full of Glock. Put his hands up and said "you have a good day, sir". No force used. I've had a few other instances where an aggressive panhandler saw my firearm and backed off, but nothing as close to shooting someone as this. This one was an attempted robbery any way you slice it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...