Vintage AMA Motorcycle Days

Tonyblaze

If the weather permits I'm going to try to go down on Friday. The plan is to brave the ride on naked Triumph. Hoping to have enough left in me to do some demo rides when I get there. Will be my first time.

I'll be there Sat and Sun at least. Debating taking a half day on Friday too to catch a few hours in the afternoon.

If I can find a few hours to spare I might prep the Norton to take up on Sunday. Don't like taking a bike on Friday or Saturday because I sometimes buy a stack of parts I can't haul back on a bike. By Sunday most of the good deals are gone so it's no issue.

I went last year on Friday. No problems getting multiple test rides. Yea, Saturday and Sunday are tougher. Who is demoing there this year? I can't find a list on their site. Last year there were only a couple.

Yep, I am going up on the Saturday.  Talked a buddy into joining me.  It will be my first time at Vintage Days.  I can't wait.  I use to watch the Café Racer TV show all the time and saw an episode they attended the Vintage Days.

I can't wait.  I hope the weather is great and I can ride up.  If not I might take a trailer to see what goodies I can get...LOL

Used to go yearly but I'm done restoring old rides for a few years.  I am not really interested in the vintage bike shows any longer  and I don't need parts.  Isn't there a sport bike weekend the week before or after?

• 2 weeks later...

bump for this weekend. definitely will be there saturday, then heading to ashland in the evening for the flat track races. 

saw this guy on 71 north this morning, gotta be on his way to mid ohio

MtLGHa7.jpg

John,

That is awesome.  Thanks for sharing the pic.  I have always love the Honda CB750 style bikes.  However, I have always wanted to find/restore a 69' Kawasaki Mach III 500.  My dad had one brand new and use to drag race it on the streets of Detroit, then a buddy of took it out for a street (drag) race and totaled it.  My dad talks fondly of that early days crotch rocket of a bike.  I think it would be neat to surprise him with one someday, of course, the days are getting shorter.  Hopefully someday I can do that for him.  I would love to see the sparkle in his eyes as he drifts back to those good ol' days.

Talk to all you later.  I am heading out to the Vintage Days now.  Maybe I will see some of you up there.  Wish I had a OhioRiders shirt so you could easily recognize me.  Oh, well.

OhioBob

Edited by OhioBob