knee down with less lean angle ?

RHill

Just hang off more.

I consciously "reach" for the ground with my knee on the XR. The front tire chatters so badly in some turns that you pretty much have to get your knee down to hold the bike up on the wheels.

Get your ass way of the seat.

I do think I need to get my lower body off the bike a bit more, but it is difficult with my foot position. Feels like my inside leg is nearly collapsed with my inside heel is damn near against my ass.

Looking at a few photos, like Craig mentioned, it looks like my lower body is more open(into the turn) in rights than it is in lefts. Maybe I can concentrate and try to get my ass over further and opened up to the inside of the turn; especially lefts.

Haven't really thought about body position since 2012....might have to run a rear camera again, seemed to help a ton the last time.

You should come meet me and the boys at the Lube. Then you'll really learn how to enjoy your ride rather than be worried about dragging your knee while dressed like a Power Ranger. 1st beers is on me, everyone is welcome. Seriously, a bunch of them Ninja bikes show up all the time. I really don't know you you guys ride them things with swing arm so long like that.

Edited by Haywood Jablowmi

I've drug elbow, shoulder and helmet. All proved to be a piss poor gauge and all produced shitty lap times.

I've drug all of those once. I finished the lap in the Honda truck. Very slow lap.

Whatever you are running, take 2secs off that time.. That's what I'm running.

Looks like I need to find the nearest playground that has one of those.  The spring type ones just as good to practice on?  Is it better to wear gear or do the kiddies mistake you for a power ranger?

I've drug all of those once. I finished the lap in the Honda truck. Very slow lap.

If you haven't finished a lap in the crash truck, your not going fast enough.

Not to try and put this back on topic but here is another pic for you Ryan.

10458166_10202469651244022_1858562952519

Thanks Craig!  That was the 750 GT....only place I touched a knee during that race was 10 and a couple bumps in 7 if I remember right.

Not to try and put this back on topic but here is another pic for you Ryan.

10458166_10202469651244022_1858562952519

Dang, Andrew has some pretty crossed - up weird body position. Looking at that pic Ryan, I'd say just focus on going faster.

I also think Andrew is limiting his lean angle by how high is upper body is. You're better off with your upper body low like yours which lowers the whole center of gravity. You're at the apex of the corner where the most lean would be and your lean angle is < or = to Andrew.

Craig....who knows what that guy is doing?

Craig is sizing us up trying to figure out where he is going to try to get past.  Damnit Craig! Why did you have to go play in the grass during the 750....that last lap would have been intense.

One observation that I made is that when I was on stock rear sets I could drag a knee pretty much everywhere on pirc. Once I put on adjustable rear sets I wasent able to drag knee as much. I recently moved them down and forward a bit and it seems as though I can drag easier. But that could also just be in my head. Seems the more compressed your leg is the less you can rotate it away from the bike.

Or I r dumb and it's all in my head.

biggest thing is just being comfortable. if you are comfortable then you are focused on the track and the speed comes. it really has nothing to do with sticking your leg way out and knowing that you're touching it. usually that makes people think that's full lean.... not even close.  full lean for me is in, say, the keyhole, off the bike in a good position that is comfortable for me, and my leg is actually against the fairing and knee/elbow dragging through the corner. I make sure to run as much clearance on the bike as possible, so that I never drag hard parts and risk unloading the tires. I play with my position all the time, and you will realize that you need to use a different position for many different turns on each track.  This does take time though, took me years to figure out and I'm always learning new things as well.  #1 lesson, keep it simple....