Is there someone among us who plays cello?

Gixxus Christ!

I'm getting married in November. Here's the deal: 'everlong' by the foo fighters is our song. Our dream is to walk down the aisle to that song played on strings. It turns out that hiring professional cellists is a bit expensive. So I figured I'd see if I could find a solid amateur.

So help me out. Help me make our wedding awesome.

College students will usually do that on the cheap. I know I did when I was still in school.

When is the date? Where is the location? And how much you wanna spend?

I will ask around a few of my music circles if anyone has a college level student.

Edited by Cdubyah

Let me ask around. I majored in music for a year before abandoning that degree. But I lived with 4 guys who are now music teachers or professional musicians.

I also keep in touch with my high school director regularly, and his daughter was exceptional at cello. She will probably be interested, is she's not otherwise obligated to perform somewhere. I'm sure she's employe by some symphony...

I think it was "Ohio Strings For Hire" that did our wedding. They were horrible and also the head lady is a giant bitch. They soon will be getting blasted on social media and the internet with reviews of their lack of professionalism

I know a guy that plays cello.  Not sure if he has any cellos other than his electric one though, so he'd probably need to plug in to the sound system.  I can ask if he's interested in doing something like that at that time of the year.

My son played cello and now moved up to the double bass let me check with the wife on a contact. He was getting lessons from a music major at BW, she was one of the best players i have heard for not being a pro.

Edited by speedytriple

I just posted it on facebook.

As noted, I keep in touch with my HS band director whose daughter plays cello professionally.  The problem is that he retired and moved to Florida, and I have no idea where Christina ended up... But between his connections, my college friends, and my wife's theater friends, I'll let you know if anyone is interested.

In case someone asks, how much are you comfortable spending on this?  I was guessing a couple hundred bucks for 1 cellist, and up to $500 if it's a trio or something.  Am I way off base?  I just anticipate that being one of the first questions.

**edit - Christina is a "senior lecturer" at the University of WI, and spent 2 years as the principal cellist in the Mesabi Symphony in MN...  But I'm sure she still knows some people who are local.

Edited by redkow97

Where is the wedding?

I forgot I used to date a girl who is now a high school director.  One of her former students is cello major in BW's conservatory.  I'm sure he can handle 1 song for a reasonable price if travel isn't too far.