New From Columbus

hasuna

Hello everyone, My name is hasuna.

I live in NE columbus.

I recenty purchased a 02 r6. This is my first bike so im still learning.

Couple years back i lived in santa cruz and rode a friends ninja 600 for about a month.

Few years later and after growing a pair a bought a r6. Its not perfect but itll do as a first bike

If anyone has any tips or tricks for a new rider, id be more then thankfull and if anyone sees me riding around say hi!

Included below is a shitty picture of my bike.

post-17732-0-42429800-1404999749_thumb.j

Edited by hasuna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi hasuna!

Welcome to the area.

Very Nice Bike! Good idea to get the gear and great move to do the MSF!

I wouldn't have suggested the R6 for a first bike - it's great that you have some experience. But please be careful of the R6's quirks. As you've probably experienced, the engine is very peaky, meaning pretty weak down low then gets 100+ HP crazy when the revs get into the sweet spot, But that means you're going pretty fast when you get to the fun part of the power curve, so PLEASE be careful! Especially after you start to feel confident enough to want to see what she will do.

I hope you'll join us for the epicOhio ride on 9/27 (check the rides & events forum).

Chris

Welcome. Good tip for new rider on new (used) bike, go through the bike with a fine tooth comb. I see you noticed shitty brake response, good start. Have to be able to depend on your machine and that means it depends on you to keep it that way.

• Upvote 1