(More) ATV Friendly Towns Around Wayne

2talltim

As we all know New Straitsville has been a ATV friendly town for quite some time. Apparently Haydenville was added to this list recently and soon Carbon Hill will be added. For those that dont know what that means you can roll off of the NF Trail system and go on into town with your off road ride.(obeying all traffic laws of course). This means you can run to the store, grab a bite to eat, ect without having to go get the truck.

Here is the story....

http://www.logandaily.com/news/carbon-hill-designated-atv-friendly-town/article_fb7f95da-b70c-591b-8da5-1ffe5b3393d9.html

post-13234-0-06162100-1405283210_thumb.j

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Well I certainly hope carbon hill has more to offer than haydenville. Did you all read the atv laws? You must ride on the berm, possess a valid license, show proof of registration and insurance. I dont see why we'd need to be on berm, and I never knew it was required to insure quads or ORV. Still cool and like I said, I hope carbon hill has more to offer.

I noticed that too Mick, I have always had and will have insurance so that doesn't bother me but i never thought you were required to have it down there. Must be because you will now have to abide by all traffic laws while on the road?

I noticed that too Mick, I have always had and will have insurance so that doesn't bother me but i never thought you were required to have it down there. Must be because you will now have to abide by all traffic laws while on the road?

Thats just it, there not saying we can ride on the road, were to be on the berm like a bicycle...

ATV riders will be legal to travel from the Trailheads of Wayne National Forest into the town of Carbon Hill as long as they conform to the rules and regulations of the State of Ohio and ride on the berm of the roadway.

I would say the Berm rule is kind of a common sense thing, if your not holding up traffic, riding the center line or doing anything that will cause harm to you or others they arent going to fuck with you. I usually ride on the edge anyway.

The drivers license rule has always been,..

6. Any OHV operator 16 years of age or older must have a current valid state driver’s license in 
possession when riding. Riders under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a rider 18 years 
or older who possesses a valid state driver’s license. (A learner’s permit is not considered a 
valid state driver’s license.) 
7. Any person 16 years of age and older who does not have a valid state driver’s license may 
purchase a Wayne National Forest trail permit and ride as a passenger only.

The insurance thing is new to me, but i insure my rides anyway so im not going to lose sleep over it.
Edited by 2talltim

Bicycles are apparently allowed to ride down the middle of the road. At least that's how the douche bags do it around here.

Yea i guess i worded that wrong, even a bicycle isn't required to ride on the berm, that would be a real work out! 

I would say the Berm rule is kind of a common sense thing, if your not holding up traffic, riding the center line or doing anything that will cause harm to you or others they arent going to fuck with you. I usually ride on the edge anyway.

The insurance thing is new to me, but i insure my rides anyway so im not going to lose sleep over it.

Riding on the edge of road is one thing. The story you linked to said the berm! I too have always had insurance on my quad, but my kids are not listed on the policy's. I hope your right about them not messing with people. If they are truly ATV friendly, and want us to be licensed register'd and insured. IDK why they say ride on the berm. Hell that might be more dangerous than it sounds. Can you imagine doing the posted speed limit in the berm..? Nothing like some ditch drifting....

Edited by M_Quick

I hope they also don't make us ride on the berm. I am glad they are finally making more towns ATV friendly, though. Even though New Straitsville was plenty for me (bar, country kitchen, pop and toms, carryout, etc.)  Carbon Hill would be nice to be on the list though