Yamaha Demo Days - Canton

Tonyblaze

I'd get there 1/2 hour before the start time (that's what I did). Basically, you register and choose which bike you want to ride. There will be a ride briefing and then you ride. The one in Cincinnati was about an 8 mile loop with some nice curves - each location will vary obviously. The rides are Yamaha led so don't expect to ride excessively fast, stunt, etc. They are very strict on this. After the ride, you can get back in line to sign up to ride another bike. I think you can ride up to three per day but it may depend on how many people there are.

I rode the S10 and the VMax. The Yamaha folks were super nice and knowledgeable. I fully plan to buy an S10 next spring as long as I am still gainfully employed.

• Upvote 1

DID IT!!!

Took the afternoon off and rode 125 miles, each way. The weather was Awesome, though the slab ride got a bit tedious.

Took a demo ride on an FZ09 and then on the FZ07. Both were very light and agile compared even to my FZ6.

I LOVED the 9, sorta liked the 7 but it is a VERY different bike, a two cylinder, and sounds a bit like a single. The 7 didn't have as much torque as I was expecting, but maybe part of that (both things) was that my ear is calibrated for a four cyl.

The 9 was great. Huge WIDE powerband. I wish the demo route had put the short stretch of highway farther into the route instead of right at the beginning before I had any feel for how it would take off - so I was cautious, dang it. I stayed in STD mode most of the time but tried the B (tuned down) mode. STD was as just notchy as advertized, so I didn't try the tuned up A mode.

Chris

Which bike was it that the war dept approved?

And did you get to ride it?

Road the 07 , 09 and fjr1300. May pull the trigger on the FJR. Really liked the riding position. Great motor. Wind screen sucked even with it being adjustable.

Road the 07 , 09 and fjr1300. May pull the trigger on the FJR. Really liked the riding position. Great motor. Wind screen sucked even with it being adjustable.

Jerry's getting (Shopping) for a new bike !

Congrats !

FIFY !

Edited by J_Copeland