Let's discuss riding gear

dustinsn3485

I'm considering buying all new riding gear and looking to get away from the racing leathers. They work fine and all, but they aren't the most comfortable for all the sport touring I do. I'd like to find a good 2 piece suit that has functional thermal, wind, and water protection.

I'm somewhat budget minded too, thinking around $500 for jacket and pants.

So my top pick right now is the macna line of gear sold by twisted throttle.

There is also the motoport Kevlar gear, which is more than I want to spend.

Olympia and tourmaster are contenders as well.

For those that aren't wearing leathers what do you have for gear...nylon is obviously not an option. Looking for Kevlar, cordura, superfabric and other textile materials that won't melt and are abrasion resistant.

Edited by dustinsn3485

No, not many wear textiles. I still wear my Cortech denim. It flows more air than anything I've tried so far. And the zippers actually still work. Textile can be heavy. This one is 5 pounds. Full armor including back. Don't have to buy the back extra. I still have leathers, but they look more like historical antiques from the 60s.

I'd look into the variety of touring gear that have weather resistant performance.

edit: Maybe don't worry about rain, and get a Frogg Toggs Road Toad Rainsuit.

Edited by ReconRat