First time going down..

Kawi600

Well after riding for a little over 3 years this morning was the first time going down on my 07 ZZR600...not fun. Was totally my fault I was messing around in a parking lot while waiting to get my hair cut...Pics below will show damage. Lucky for me I was wearing all my gear helmet, gloves, boots, jacket besides my riding pants(of course the only time I do not wear my pants I go down) and walked away with a bruised right hip but gear held up great.

For the bike....has light/medium scratches on the right side fairing and right rear set bracket snapped.. :megusta: . I am very happy that I was able to walk away and even had my buddy cut my hair after it all happened ha.

I am on a mission to repaint the fairing but is going to be done this winter but going to do a touch up job ASAP for now. I have checked with Rice patty already for a bracket but they do not have any. I have searched online and not a lot I could find also. I was just wondering if it was possible to get it welded? I have already called around and OEM is $85 bucks but thought I would look into it before dropping that kinda money. 

Any help would be awesome!

post-17773-0-46025900-1408052078_thumb.j

post-17773-0-42856900-1408052079_thumb.j

That sucks, buddy!

I totally remember the last time I dumped a bike, and it was at a stand still, taking a heavy ass bike off a center stand while standing beside it. It flopped right over, taking me with it!

That part looks to be cast aluminum, which isn't the best to try and weld...but I'm far from an expert on welding. For $85, I'd just buy a new one. Hell, if nothing else, have it welded after you replace it, then try and sell it to recover some money.

That sound.  That sickening sound of your bike hitting the asphalt,

you will never forget that.  And that sight.  That sight of your bike

laying on it's side on the ground, you will remember that too.  It

helps to keep these things in mind.  It helps to make us more

cautious.

Frame sliders are the best.  They may look ugly - and I have a classic looking standard they don't look the best on - but there will be a day when you are glad you put 'em on.

ZZR600 rearsets are likely interchangeable with ZX-6 rearsets from '95(ish) through 1998 (I think).  Maybe later.

They may be mildly more aggressive, but I would be shocked if the mounting points aren't identical, and you can find them cheaper online all day long.  Ask in the WERA vintage forum if anyone has a set laying around that you can take off their hands.

that model ZX6 is V7 legal up to 1998.

That sound.  That sickening sound of your bike hitting the asphalt,

you will never forget that.  And that sight.  That sight of your bike

laying on it's side on the ground, you will remember that too.  It

helps to keep these things in mind.  It helps to make us more

cautious.

psst... I throw mine like a bowling ball on the regular, can be music to the ears if you listen.