Motoseries August 29-31 Nelson Ledges

blue03636

Dude, I'm way out of your way. It would be a 3 hour round trip.

I need to find out what is going on with my mothers house that is selling. If I have a few weeks to get my stuff out of there, I could help you out..if the house is going quick, I'll be making a couple trips to PA this weekend. 

I'll be there trying my best to whoop Brandon's azz.

I have a friend that's interested in your bike, he wants to know if you can meet him in Columbus Sunday around noon so he can take a look at it.

Edited by TRMN8TR

2 laps into the first session in advanced 2 guys ran into each other on turn 9. Other than that I dont know the details of the other wrecks.

Just tried posting the video but failed !

Fixed it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by J_Copeland

Damn, sounds like a rough weekend at the Beav.

We had a pretty good weekend at Nelson.  Saturday was great weather and pretty big turnout.  More people there than I've seen in a long time. 

Sunday it rained on and off all day.  Made it tough to make a decision on tires.  I think most of us ended up on rains all day.  I had an absolute blast in 600 SBK 1.  I got the hole shot off the start but Soren and Brandon both came around me after a lap or so.  The track was wet but partially drying and no one was gonna let off with our championship race being so tight.  Brandon and I had an awesome battle for most of the race, passing each other like 3 or 4 times.  We don't give each other anything and it makes for some fun racing, haha. He came up the inside of me into 12 a couple times but I would refuse to let off and we'd end up going side by side through 12 and 13. So much fun!  Eventually I got by him and caught up to Soren.  All of our rain tires were getting pretty cooked by this point as the track was pretty dry, but we sure as hell weren't letting off.  It was nuts sliding around everywhere and just staying in it.  Put a pass Soren and took the win.  Soren 2nd, Brandon 3rd.

Second 600 SBK race was fun as hell too.  It had been drying up a little more but Brandon and I watched the radar and stayed on rains (I didn't really have a choice). Soren went to slicks.  Got the hole shot again but Brandon came by pretty quickly.  We battled once again for a while, then out of no where Soren comes by.  Shocked us both cause it was still pretty damp out there.  Soren was in between Brandon and I, and I couldn't get around him.  Then the rain started again, and started coming down harder and harder.  I knew Soren was in trouble on the slicks.  Eventually he binned it in 4 but Brandon had started pulling away.  I couldn't see shit at that point (need to put some Rain X on my visor or something) and Brandon was riding really well and putting the hammer down, so I decided to back off and settle for second as I knew Soren was out.  Brandon rode great and took the win.  Me 2nd and Soren 3rd.

Had a really great time.  Championship points going into the final round at Pitt Race:

Soren-     190

Matt-        180

Brandon- 175

I think Brandon won the Mini 20 too, but I'll let him comment on the 750gt and Mini 20. 

Ouch... ya that looked to be 100% the control riders fault.

I was out there for that session, but didn't see the incident.  There was a ton of crashes.  Lots of yellows and reds all day.

My last run.  Got consistently into the low teens with an :11 in there.  Got some good advice from Timmy on gear selection for turns 7-9.

Edited by F4iguy

You guys suck....thought this was actually about Nelson

PIRC always turns into a clusterfuck for some reason.  Checked out the video and I disagree with blaming the CR; it was a track day incident IMHO.  2 different lines going for the same pass.  

The CR stayed tight on exit and got on the gas early, while the guy who went down waited till he finished the turn on the regular line to roll on a second time and veer back into the track for passing clearance.  The CR was already nose to tail side by side with momentum before he could have known the rider was going for the pass.  I question if the CR even knew the downed rider was going for the pass.

The CR was going right to left because he was setting up the next turn after the passes were complete.....just like ANYONE would do, not to "cut him off" or make a "dirty pass" as this guy put in his youtube description. 

• Upvote 1