Motoseries August 29-31 Nelson Ledges

blue03636

Ryan I'm going to have to disagree. This was a "TRACKDAY" in intermediate not a race. CR's should be role models and more contious and courteous than anyone on the track and he should have checked up. N2 rule is no inside passes in "I" group. This guy was barely straight up. He crashed and there was another rider in the grass from this Asshat's move. I run trackdays to have fun if I wanted the inherit risk I would race. If this guy made me wad my bike we would have to discuss who was at fault after I beat the fuck out of him with my helmet.

• Upvote 2

Ryan I'm going to have to disagree. This was a "TRACKDAY" in intermediate not a race. CR's should be role models and more contious and courteous than anyone on the track and he should have checked up. N2 rule is no inside passes in "I" group. This guy was barely straight up. He crashed and there was another rider in the grass from this Asshat's move. I run trackdays to have fun if I wanted the inherit risk I would race. If this guy made me wad my bike we would have to discuss who was at fault after I beat the fuck out of him with my helmet.

N2 also has a 6' passing rule in I.

The FB posting on this,the CR blamed the rider that got wrecked saying he needed to be more aware of his surroundings.

I like that beating him with a helmet ! (Craig)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2 also has a 6' passing rule in I.

The FB posting on this,the CR blamed the rider that got wrecked saying he needed to be more aware of his surroundings.

I like that beating him with a helmet ! (Craig)

More aware of his surroundings?!?!?? WTF!! Was the guy suppose to have eyes in the back of his helmet anticipating this fuckwads move.

I agree the CR's should be the most aware and courteous riders on track.  Also agree that passing rules should apply to everyone out of uniformity and safety.  I still can't blame on the CR for this accident just by the video....can't even say that the previous statement doesn't apply to this CR.  

Wouldn't mind asking the CR why he was passing and where he is going tho...

Wouldn't mind asking the CR why he was passing and where he is going tho...

In my eyes there is no excuse. Somebody ass packs you on the street. They are getting the ticket for "assured clear distance". The CR rider should of taken extra precaution. He wasn't out there riding with his CR buddies he had no clue of the riders comfort or abilities. And yes Kevin I might be a little fired up because that's me passing the affected rider at 6:18 into T1. So I was literally one or two bikes ahead of the incident.

Glad Pauly had the same thoughts. We had 3 guys running and never had the experience before that we had this past Saturday. Never had a bad time with any Nesba event in the past. Almost seemed like they registered too many people for the "I" group. Crashes all day long and 1 or 2 life flights. I think we are about in the same boat about not doing any more N2 events. Follow this thread by my buddy http://forum.n2td.org/index.php?threads/i-group-passing-rules-control-rider-wave-by.34575/

Wow, what org was running that?  That's one of the shittiest moves Ive seen by a "CR" on a track.  

EDIT: just saw, isn't this the "New" NESBA, or N2?  Basically when NESBA folded it became this, please correct me if I am wrong.

FWIW, that was 100% the CR's fault, that whole section of turns is a sketchy place to pace in Int, during a TRACKDAY, races sure, track day, dude could have rode his ass then flew past him before even hitting the kink, easily.  

Honestly, if a CR wrecked me like that, I would beat the fuck out of him in the pits, even if it was Craig ;) 

As for the wrecks and medflight, hope dudes/chicks are okay.

Edited by madcat6183

Wow, what org was running that?  That's one of the shittiest moves Ive seen by a "CR" on a track.  

EDIT: just saw, isn't this the "New" NESBA, or N2?  Basically when NESBA folded it became this, please correct me if I am wrong.

FWIW, that was 100% the CR's fault, that whole section of turns is a sketchy place to pace in Int, during a TRACKDAY, races sure, track day, dude could have rode his ass then flew past him before even hitting the kink, easily.  

Honestly, if a CR wrecked me like that, I would beat the fuck out of him in the pits, even if it was Craig ;)

As for the wrecks and medflight, hope dudes/chicks are okay.

NESBA became N2 in the North and PRE in the South.  When I did a PRE track day I kept hearing them saying that a big part of the reason they separated was due to safety reasons.  I guess I can see why now.

Wow, I rode my 2nd track day with Moto Series on Saturday and they definitely have their stuff together compared to this crap posted!!!  Our novice groups only passed on the back stretch and the CR made sure the slower riders stayed to the inside while the faster groups passed on the outside.  Everyone in the class knew this ahead of time and they only passed during the later part of the day.  I really enjoyed it and everything was done safely.  No incidents in the Novice group at all.  Glad to have Moto Series to do my track days with!!!

The corner workers were absolute shit, too. That's on the racetrack, though. They don't belong to N2. 

We had an OMRL weekend on the Kart track at PIRC too, same shit, their corner workers were fucking awful. The club pretty much agreed if we go back we'll have a training session with them or use our own corner workers. It was that bad.

I'm just going to say I'm a big believer in structured novice groups and classrooms with formal instruction and constant student/instructor feedback, no matter who the organization is.

Completely agree

Wow that's some bullshit. I agree with madcat if anyone comes across me like that I'm taking matter into my own hands. Stuff like that confirms my belief that not all CR's should be CR's.

I agree not all CRs should be allowed to be CRs.

Not sure about N2's novice regiment, but were there any CR's mediating smaller groups of riders at all, or is it free-for-all sessions all day long? Are there instructional sessions between track time, teaching any sort of skills/techniques? STT and MidO do a great job schooling new riders and controlling pace among groups divided by skillset, so does N2 NOT do the same? If no, then they desperately need to adopt the policies the other org's follow or they wont last.

Sadly, after the disclaimer is signed there probably isn't much can be done about shit like this, is there? I dont recall ever reading anything on one that explains damage responsibilities of the staff with shitty track etiquette.

In the vid the CR appeared to simply push a bad position, when he should've known better of anyone else out there, intermediate or not. An experienced CR is able to see what line you're taking and know how to stay clear of your line to keep a pass safe, or withhold the pass until it is safe to do so. Looked to me like that guy barely took position and expected the rider to checkup to let him by :nono:

N2 definitely looks to be a pisspoor outfit from what I'm reading here.

I was in novice before getting bumped up to I. One thing I noticed is that the CR's were always late getting to hot pit. I don't think they had enough to manage the large number of riders. That being said, Beav is a shorter track and it is hard to get separation from slower groups.

It was a motoseries thread, I didnt expect it to turn into a thread about the N2 trackdays. I think that N2 does a couple things wrong that snow ball into different issues.

One is that they dont have classroom for the novice group or any structure at all, as someone else said earlier they have 2 intermediate groups.

Another being that they dont enforce passing rules even though they have them, what good is telling someone they cant pass on the inside of a turn when you see people doing it all day and nobody gets reprimanded for it.

Lastly I think that they need to bump people from Novice to Intermediate sooner. They make it seem like a huge deal and then you end up having people running 10s and 11s in novice and running up on new riders left and right. They get frustrated and start to pass in places they shouldn't.

In Advanced I didnt have problems with anyone, everyone seemed to pass me clean and leave me plenty of room. They did bring everyone in for another riders meeting around 11 or so and tell everyone to calm down and it seemed like there were less incidents in the afternoon.