Enjoy 5 minutes of pure gold.

MidgetTodd

He's right though!  So many people behind the counter just trying to make a sale.  Best advice I was given when I started looking at purchasing was to go to a range and try it out first. 

the same seems to happen with motorcycles.  I don't fault salespeople for trying to make A sale, but I agree that it's irresponsible to push for unsafe sales.

That said, if Joe Newb walks in and wants to buy a hand-cannon as his first gun (or a busa as his first bike), I would advise against it, but I wouldn't fault a sales person for acquiescing to the sale.  If they don't, someone else will.  That's just letting money walk out the door.  If they can afford to have principles, then that's different, but retail sales can be a brutal business.

• 2 weeks later...

That guy is hilarious.....he used fuck in every possible context long before the 5 minutes were up.

If I sold firearms, and a customer came to me asking to buy a particular weapon....I'd say need your drivers license, fill this out, sign here, let me run this through, be right back. Sounds like the salesman at that particular Gander had bullshitted his way through the hiring process right past an idiotic manager. Sad really. Not only because it's an unsafe practice, but moreso that they allow fools to sell their product.