Ride Sunday(10/5/14)???

Tigerpaw

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in.

Welcome.  Hopefully, no dogs this time!!!  Some of these, you rode on Dice's route earlier this year, but I promise there will be some you haven't ridden.  Hell, there might even be a few that aren't on a map!!!  Dice likes to refer to them as my goat paths.  Nothing that a set of good aggressive knobbies can't handle….  OK, I keed, I keed.

What is the easiest place for you to meet up?

I'm cool to meet up wherever. I live in Kettering near the intersection of Dorothy and Shroyer

Welcome.  Hopefully, no dogs this time!!!  Some of these, you rode on Dice's route earlier this year, but I promise there will be some you haven't ridden.  Hell, there might even be a few that aren't on a map!!!  Dice likes to refer to them as my goat paths.  Nothing that a set of good aggressive knobbies can't handle….  OK, I keed, I keed.

Yeah the dog running out last time was pretty unfortunate. These goat paths sound intimidating lol but as long as I'm on 2 wheels I'm game for whatever.

9am sounds good. I believe there's just a Shell at Whipp and Far Hills. The BP is back up at Stroop and Far Hills.

Sorry, I meant Shell.  Four-OH-too, six-3-oh, 9-two-6-zeven

New tires scrubbed in/pressure adjusted.  Suspension adjusted.  Heated vest swapped over.  Gassed up.  I'M READY!!!!

Brrrr!  It's gonna be a cold bitch in the morning.

ScreenShot2014-10-04at21223PM.png

Bundle up and ride safely.  I'll check in the morning to make sure you guys are still planning on heading south.

If the consensus is to bail, please post up here as early as possible, by 9 AM at the latest.  Otherwise, I'll see you at MickieD's at 10.

I'm out now. 

Sorry you can't make it.  We'll do it again.  Good weather isn't done for the year….I hope.

I'm still doing this!

See you there.  Dug all my winter gear out of storage this afternoon, checked tires and lubed the chain.  Should be a nice day once the sun warms things up.

Nice thing is that a small group can move a bit faster than a large group….not that we'll be speeding or anything.

Edited by Bubba

I completely understand.  You're 2.5 hours from the ride start and less than 45 minutes from the good roads in SE Ohio.  I wouldn't do it either.  I'd love to do some miles out in your neck of the woods but find it hard to justify 1.5-2 hours each way riding crappy roads to get to the good ones.  I can be in NKY in under 30 minutes, so it's a no-brainer for me.

Glad you guys made the trip south and enjoyed the roads.  Total mileage for me was 240 door-to-door, so you guys must be close to 350+ on the day.  And of course as usual, there was no extra charge for the dozen or so hot chicks in daisy dukes, bikini tops and cowboy boots twerking with a drunk guy dressed in an Easter Bunny costume on a hay wagon in downtown Rabbit Hash….

No.  Seriously, it really happened.  Riding roads in NKY is NEVER BORING!!!

Edited by Bubba

...dozen or so hot chicks in daisy dukes, bikini tops and cowboy boots twerking with a drunk guy dressed in an Easter Bunny costume on a hay wagon....

None of them were even stereotypical pirate backpacks.

Best $20 in fuel I've spent in a day!

**photos & video have been destroyed to protect the innocent**

**photos & video have been destroyed to protect the innocent**

Nooooo….Say it ain't so!!!  If you still have them on your camera, send 'em to me via email.  I need to show some of the LR crew what they missed.

icantdrive55atfusedotnet

Thx!

Edited by Bubba

Nooooo….Say it ain't so!!!  If you still have them on your camera, send 'em to me via email.  I need to show some of the LR crew what they missed.

icantdrive55atfusedotnet

Thx!

I've seen that email posted on rest stop bathroom stalls

Edited by Tigerpaw
  • Upvote 1