Pre Happy Thug's Giving!!!

M_Quick

Yeah just property damage, no one was hurt. And I do think a lawyer chat is in the future. Others have said we can sue for distress? Just the whole thing sucks. I have my car and toys all boarded up, and wont be able to access them if I wanted to. Atleast untill I get my garage rebuilt, which mostly will be awhile. Builder and insurance adjuster will be out on the 4th.

Yeah just property damage, no one was hurt. And I do think a lawyer chat is in the future. Others have said we can sue for distress? Just the whole thing sucks. I have my car and toys all boarded up, and wont be able to access them if I wanted to. Atleast untill I get my garage rebuilt, which mostly will be awhile. Builder and insurance adjuster will be out on the 4th.

If it were me I'd talk to a lawyer. But id have to really wonder if the stress and delay of a court case is worth it. In the end it may be easier to just let the insurance company cover it. That way you get it all fixed up and don't have to deal with it and worry about him having a good enough lawyer to end up not paying all of it. The insurance companies have lawyers that only deal with cases like this.

Edited by cOoTeR

Car is not covered by homeowners insurance. And my deductibles are the same $500 each. Per my agents. I have Allstate on the house, and Geico on the car. I need to dbl chk my policy, cause I thought I had 500/250 for comprehensive. I don't see why this would fall under collision deductible, when my car was parked in a locked garage.

Call. The. Lawyer.

Just schedule one sit down to explain your potential action. If you take the insurance company at their word, you're a jackass. It's really that simple.

This! Insurance companies exist to make money off of you, not to be your advocate.

As far as the judge Judy comment, I believe the op would have to agree to this. And as for the attorney, I was hoping for one that does the 'we don't get paid unless you get paid'. I know usually when in a accident, the agencies that troll the police reports usually start calling. I do know I don't want to pay the 2 deductibles let alone attorney fees. Not so sure my insurance company will screw me. If I get that vibe, I will certainly pull the e-brake and contact more contractors for estimates. Which I will most likely do anyway, just to compare the two methods of repair as well as total price.

Edited by M_Quick

Still confused about the "thug" talk. If the guy trained, submitted fingerprints, completed background check all for a CHL, then he's not a thug in my book. Shitty driver? Ok. He wasn't covered on mom's insurance.... Ok, but I'm sure I've let people drive my car who aren't covered...my FIL for instance just last weekend.

As for The OP....Columbus police don't do dick about uninsured drivers.

Edited by C-bus

Thug = baggy pants, gun, possible drug use (failure to maintain clear distance from a structure ;-)) and no insurance. Sure, the CHL later checked out, but the other factors would have made me use that word too.

• Upvote 2

Car is not covered by homeowners insurance. And my deductibles are the same $500 each. Per my agents. I have Allstate on the house, and Geico on the car. I need to dbl chk my policy, cause I thought I had 500/250 for comprehensive. I don't see why this would fall under collision deductible, when my car was parked in a locked garage.

Okay so even though my car was parked in a locked garage, it still fails under collision insurance. My car agent seams to think they will get the OP insurance to pay, even if the son wasn't listed? IDK but hope he's right to save me the $500 up front.  

Why not call the thug then and tell them he needs to pay the deductibles or you will be taking him to court. And if you take him to court all you're going to get is a high point pistol and some baggy clothes.

The insurance companies have the 1st right to collect from the OP. 

Thug = baggy pants, gun, possible drug use (failure to maintain clear distance from a structure ;-)) and no insurance. Sure, the CHL later checked out, but the other factors would have made me use that word too.

And let's not forget about all the proper etiquette they used, while in this citation...And there wiliness to share there insurance info and DL. The language factor alone in my book far out weighs the outfit. Ray Charles would of called it the same way.  

• Upvote 1

Still confused about the "thug" talk. If the guy trained, submitted fingerprints, completed background check all for a CHL, then he's not a thug in my book. Shitty driver? Ok. He wasn't covered on mom's insurance.... Ok, but I'm sure I've let people drive my car who aren't covered...my FIL for instance just last weekend.

As for The OP....Columbus police don't do dick about uninsured drivers.

Come on now anyone with $75.00 a few spare hrs. and a clean background can get a ccw. After this he wont have a license to drive a car, but can still pack his pistol hanging out of his pocket....Just a matter of time before he looses that license as well, if you ask me. Talks like a thug, look like a thug, act like a thug, passed ccw don't mean outstanding citizen class act guy....

• Upvote 1

+1 on insurance companies being scam artist. Dealing with my home owners policy right now when the wind fucked up my roof last week. guy called me today and told me that i have 20 year shingles on my house and the are over 15 years old so i prob wont see much of a pay out after $500 deductible.  #1 they are 30 year shingles and #2 they are only 13 years old. But now i have to provide documentation that this is that case, you could have heard a pin drop when i told him that I kept everything from when the house was built including the work order and the warranty documents on the shingles. When i ask if he wanted me to email them to him or fax he stumbled on his words then just said emailing was fine. But till seem like im going to take it up the tail pipe just not as bad.

+1 on insurance companies being scam artist. Dealing with my home owners policy right now when the wind fucked up my roof last week. guy called me today and told me that i have 20 year shingles on my house and the are over 15 years old so i prob wont see much of a pay out after $500 deductible.  #1 they are 30 year shingles and #2 they are only 13 years old. But now i have to provide documentation that this is that case, you could have heard a pin drop when i told him that I kept everything from when the house was built including the work order and the warranty documents on the shingles. When i ask if he wanted me to email them to him or fax he stumbled on his words then just said emailing was fine. But till seem like im going to take it up the tail pipe just not as bad.

That sucks on the roof. Back in 2007 I had the same company that did my roof, give me a estimate on my late Mothers house. Some friends and I did the roof in the mid 80's. So it was a 20 some year old asphalt shingle roof. They cleared it for a hail damage claim! Paid 100% to tear off all siding, gutter's, down spouts, wrap windows, tear off and replace roof. And company doing the work ate my deductible. There was no talk about pro-rating the roofs life. The siding was cover'd 100% because they couldn't match the (faded) color. So insurance paid for it all. Anyway I hope it works out for both of us.  

The mom could say the son took the car without permission, stole it, and she's off the hook.

She could have, but she didn't. Even so Idt the police would of sited him for it, if she reported it stolen. There insurance agency is still dodging all calls and returning none. I have a contractor coming tomorrow for a est. And then on the 4th, my Home owners ins. adjuster will be out, along with 2 other contractors. One they recommended, the other I called and they wanted to be there at the same time!  

She could have, but she didn't. Even so Idt the police would of sited him for it, if she reported it stolen. There insurance agency is still dodging all calls and returning none. I have a contractor coming tomorrow for a est. And then on the 4th, my Home owners ins. adjuster will be out, along with 2 other contractors. One they recommended, the other I called and they wanted to be there at the same time!  

Are any of your insurance companies the same as their insurance, if so, that sucks. Do either of the insurance companies have a social media page? Maybe you can embarrass them "with facts" for the hell of it, if you're not happy.