Pre Happy Thug's Giving!!!

M_Quick

It's difficult to imagine the insurance company would lie about who is covered.

If you claim against your own insurances then THEY will sort out who is covered and who is not. There won't be any lying or confusion once the subrogation gets under way.

It's difficult to imagine the insurance company would lie about who is covered.

If you claim against your own insurances then THEY will sort out who is covered and who is not. There won't be any lying or confusion once the subrogation gets under way.

Typically the car is cover'd, At least I know my car is cover'd no matter who drives it, so long as they are a legal licence driver.  My HO ins. said they wait until the very end to start any contact with drivers insurance or any subrogation. That way they have complete dollar amount to go after.

I wonder if the kid was specifically excluded. Or her insurance was for only her. Weird.

Not really weird.  My State Farm auto policies actually have a listing of all the names of insured drivers on the semi-annual renewal statement, and the rating specifically excludes any drivers under the age of 25.  Keeps my rates low.  Obviously, I'm not one to freely loan my vehicles out.

In my experience, auto insurance typically covers the listed drivers within the household as well as any licensed driver that the owner lends the car to that has their own auto insurance. Anyone within the household not named on the policy is typically not covered.

We got a brief denial letter from the Mothers insurance company. No explanation, just said 'we respectfully deny your claim' So with that, the police report, and repair estimate I can submit BMV form 3303 on both the owner and driver.

. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm..."

Things that make you say"Fuck Why Me???"

Received 1st estimate, 13.3k, Insurance agent thought that was high, and questioned the sq. foot #'s... 2nd estimate came in 15.5K no #'s just dollar figures. Insurance agent not happy with this one either! 3rd company is dragging there feet, I may need to call for a 4th est... Supposed to be preparing for Christmas..

Received 1st estimate, 13.3k, Insurance agent thought that was high, and questioned the sq. foot #'s... 2nd estimate came in 15.5K no #'s just dollar figures. Insurance agent not happy with this one either! 3rd company is dragging there feet, I may need to call for a 4th est... Supposed to be preparing for Christmas..

Damn, i was getting pissed about how my isurance claim was going but it was a walk in the park compared to yours. My insurance sent out a 3rd party adjuster to give me a replacment quote and it accually came to more than what a couple contractors quoted me. So they sent me a check for the replacment minus depreciation and deductible, them when the work is done I sent a cert of completion and they will send me the depreciation check. So worst case I'm going to be out of pocket for about $2500 till I get the second check. Roof should be going on next week.

Can you take the money and fix the garage yourself? The labor savings may allow you to build a nicer garage.

Can you take the money and fix the garage yourself? The labor savings may allow you to build a nicer garage.

Not if his insurance has a recoverable depreciation clause. Mine does, my quote was $9200 for my roof and siding, they are sending me a check for $5600 which is minus deductible and depreciation. if a i have contractor or buisness do the repairs i can submit a cert of completion with their letter head and then and only then will i be entitled to the rest. And even with that if the contractors quote is less than the adjustors they will only send what remainder is due. So if i dont use it i loose it, i just had my contractor do extra stuff.

Not if his insurance has a recoverable depreciation clause. Mine does, my quote was $9200 for my roof and siding, they are sending me a check for $5600 which is minus deductible and depreciation. if a i have contractor or buisness do the repairs i can submit a cert of completion with their letter head and then and only then will i be entitled to the rest. And even with that if the contractors quote is less than the adjustors they will only send what remainder is due. So if i dont use it i loose it, i just had my contractor do extra stuff.

$9200 for roof and siding? How many squares of each? Hell I need your contractors name. I took a side bid on my garage roof, just under 6sq. $6300.00

Update on claim, my insurance co. Sent a 4th company Global,out to write up a estimate thurs. I haven't received there numbers yet. I know this will drag into the dead of winter, when it will be to clod for block work.

They can lay brick/block all winter, even down below freezing.  They'll add a little CaCl to the mortar to keep it warm and from freezing; it weakens it a bit, but you're just setting block, not pouring a foundation.  Should be good to go into the low 20s or even teens.

$9200 for roof and siding? How many squares of each? Hell I need your contractors name. I took a side bid on my garage roof, just under 6sq. $6300.00

Update on claim, my insurance co. Sent a 4th company Global,out to write up a estimate thurs. I haven't received there numbers yet. I know this will drag into the dead of winter, when it will be to clod for block work.

It's a complete roof replacment on a 28x60 ranch, and only the rear of the house is getting re sided. Going with metal roof and they are also sheeting under the siding (I have a modular with no sheeting). I live up by Amish country lots of cheap labor and contractors up here. It's D&M roofing out of dundee ohio. Basically a Amish crew. No building permits or inspections needed. Like I've told many bubbys many times "get out of the city"

Okay so now I may be really in need of a lawyer. Not to go after the at fault party, but my insurance company. Any referrals would be nice. Problem right now is, I haven't even received the estimate from the company the adjuster sent out. I did contact another company for a estimate. Turns out this guy and my adjuster have history, in fact I have my adjuster on V/M practically blowing this guy. Well turns out he has the lowest estimate. And when I question the work, he tells me he is only going to stucco the blocks he replaces and it will not match inside or out. And that he is not fixing the header, his opinion is it was fine. And all cracks in front of stucco were pre existing, and there was absolutely no deflection damage!

What a fucking nightmare! So basically he was going to put a $12.6k band aid on the corner of my garage. Kicker is he quoted primer and paint inside and out, whole garage. When I asked him why he's painting everything, he answered so it would match! He already said the stucco won't match cause he's not doing the whole wall or header. And now he's painting the back wall and far wall, so it will match!

So when I kick this guy back in the balls, my adjuster promptly calls me apologizing for my call with builder. And says since I don't want to go with him, he's closing the claim and issuing a check to me and my mortgage co. Telling me how he's done he can go with lowest estimate and that my mortgage co. will probably put the check into a escrow account untill I get the work done and inspected! When I asked how the hell I'm supposed to get a contractor to work with my mortgage company instead of insurance co. He said idk some mortgage companies are local, and sometimes they will allow for a 40% draw and then pay the rest when completed. Oh boy why me...

Wow man sorry to hear this, know its not going to do you any good right now but definitely sounds like time for a new insurance company. Mine is finished roof is on siding hung, time frame from claim filed to last check cut..4 weeks. I am with a out of state insurance too so I'm very happy with the way they handled it. If your interested in looking them up when yours is all settled I'm with Keystone National out of PA.

You might not accually need to go to court but I'd say you still need a attorney. Usually when these assholes find out you're coming after them rhey cave before it even involves court. Good luck bubby.

Edited by 2talltim

Holy shit! I personally would file a claim with BBB then call the insurance and ask for a different agent/ manager, finally I would call a lawyer.

As for which lawyer, call the bars association and ask for a recommendation.

Where is RedKow? He might be able to point you in the right direction.

Wife already called and was told they will try to assign a new adjuster. But if not we can pay out of pocket for a private appraisal, and they have there appraiser and then agree on something in between? Who would you recommend bbb claim on, my insurance co.?

I have a suspension the company they sent out for est was even higher than the 1st 2. Just seams funny they were out last Thursday said he'd send me a copy of the estimate probably Monday and I never herd or seen anything. I'm going to try and find out what's up with this estimate as well tomorrow. I also am considering having a structural engineer inspect the damage. Just a big headache this time of year I could do without.

I did find a nice place to store my Mustang once I can get it out of the garage. Crusin classics on fisher and n.wilson rd. $120 a month. Place is like walking into a car museum.