Pre Happy Thug's Giving!!!

M_Quick

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Should of beat the snot out of them. But 2 on 1 and they had at least one gun. And nothing to loose, a croud of sommolians gathering. I on the other hand was bare handed, twice there age, and had my 4'10" wife for backup. And several kids counting on me to raise them.

He did have ccw and placed both hands in the are and repeated ccw several times to first responder.

Edited by M_Quick

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Should of beat the snot out of them. But 2 on 1 and they had at least one gun. And nothing to loose, a croud of sommolians gathering. I on the other hand was bare handed, twice there age, and had my 4'10" wife for backup. And several kids counting on me to raise them.

He did have ccw and placed both hands in the are and repeated ccw several times to first responder.

soo... he told the cop he had a permit and a gun?... am I missing something? I don't understand the problem?

Well, I hope everything gets sorted out for you and the $25K that is able to be used for property damage with state min insurance is enough to get your car and garage fixed.

I know people were asking if airbags will deploy at 15 mph, and the answer, i think, is yes.  Some vehicles have sensors that measure deceleration as a trigger for airbag deployment - a car running into a brick wall is a classic example of rapid deceleration that will trigger airbag deployment. 

Hopefully the first officer that came out gets put in line about how to handle a situation like that.

Well, good thing he was armed. He prevented you from handing out a beating. That's the point.

Thug.

I'm with IP on this, and glad as a consequence you're not sitting in a cell today. I would have been tempted too..

Will airbags even deploy at 15?

Yes. As long as the vehicle ignition is on and SRS computer's perimeters are met, the airbags will deploy at any speed. Think in the scenario of your sitting still at a stop light and are struck in the front. Your bags will deploy as long as there's enough force in the correct direction.

Just wanted to clear that up. Very sorry to the OP. I hope you are compensated quickly for this.

Yes. As long as the vehicle ignition is on and SRS computer's perimeters are met, the airbags will deploy at any speed. Think in the scenario of your sitting still at a stop light and are struck in the front. Your bags will deploy as long as there's enough force in the correct direction.

Just wanted to clear that up. Very sorry to the OP. I hope you are compensated quickly for this.

Right, my question was whether a Saturn traveling at 15, and striking that structure would generate enough deceleration to activate the airbag module under the hood. Not whether the airbag module deactivates under a specific speed.

Blah :). I know, but I still believe that concealed carry and open carry are unconstitutional terms.

I don't want to get in a gun fight on this thread though. Sorry, should not have brought it up ;).

I get it though, it is the "law".

Gotta agree... Dude hit your garage, yea that sucks, but who gives a shit if he was carrying a gun with or without a permit. Carrying is a constitutional right, fuck whatever laws are in place to regulate it... I'm surprised to see all this shit from this group, of all people. You guys would apparently shit yourself living in a constitutional carry state... God forbid someone doesn't ask permission from the government to exercise their rights Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 1

Gotta agree... Dude hit your garage, yea that sucks, but who gives a shit if he was carrying a gun with or without a permit. Carrying is a constitutional right, fuck whatever laws are in place to regulate it... I'm surprised to see all this shit from this group, of all people. You guys would apparently shit yourself living in a constitutional carry state... God forbid someone doesn't ask permission from the government to exercise their rights

I do not totally disagree with you, but if carrying was truly a constitutional right that can not be infringed, then how or why can state laws trump that and do trump that?

Because as a society we've allowed it. I believe in the constitution regardless of whatever unconstitutional laws are forced upon us. It just makes no sense to see a bunch of pro 2A dudes whining about someone carrying a firearm without a permit (which wasn't even the case, you just assumed since it was a hipoint on a black dude)

Edited by Steve Butters

Because as a society we've allowed it. I believe in the constitution regardless of whatever unconstitutional laws are forced upon us. It just makes no sense to see a bunch of pro 2A dudes whining about someone carrying a firearm without a permit (which wasn't even the case, you just assumed since it was a hipoint on a black dude)

Thanks for telling me what I assumed and why I assumed it. You have to admit that is "thug style", and anytime you see a full size pistol not in any type of holster system hanging out of a pocket or stuffed in the waistband tends to make you wonder. And as a society how have we allowed laws to be made that we may not entirely agree with, are we able to control as citizens what laws that state governments make? We can only vote on who we put into office, we do not vote on the laws they decide to make because they feel it is a good idea.

Lol I'm not getting into some back and forth shit. Not taking the bait bub. Believe whatever you like but my stance doesn't change. I don't believe people should have to ask the government for permission to exercise their rights. First amendment zones? Permits to protest? None of that shit. Doesn't change the fact that those laws exist. They exist because we allowed them to be created. We voted in the people who made them. Go and spin those words however you want. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of this conversation. Carry on with the freedom hating and prejudice thoughts.

Seriously. There is maybe 1% chance he was legal. Which since he didn't notify could be an excuse for search of his vehicle leading to a drug arrest or robbery arrest. Can't believe the cop didn't run the plates. Not real worried about the vin but that would have came eventually had the plates been run or mention of the pistol been brought up. I would have ha a hard time loudly exclaiming he had a gun. If he's legal then fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I'm not getting into some back and forth shit. Not taking the bait bub. Believe whatever you like but my stance doesn't change. I don't believe people should have to ask the government for permission to exercise their rights. First amendment zones? Permits to protest? None of that shit. Doesn't change the fact that those laws exist. They exist because we allowed them to be created. We voted in the people who made them. Go and spin those words however you want. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of this conversation. Carry on with the freedom hating and prejudice thoughts.

You don't know me from Adam bub, and secondly you are wrong about what you are assuming of me and what I believe and think. So the title of this thread is called "Happy Thug's giving", and there has been several references to as why the title is called that, and you call me out for freedom hating and prejudice thoughts on some comments that I made which you obviously disagree with? I am a rabid 2nd amendment supporter, but I sure as hell do not want guns in the hands of criminals no matter what our freedom to carry might very well be, "they are a big reason why we carry right"? And if a person of any color does not want to have a certain perception given towards them......how they carry themselves, talk, look, dress, who they hang out with etc....human nature kicks in and we assume or suspect things. I am glad to hear that the fella that ran into the OP's place is legal to carry, but he would be wise to carry in a different manner and change his attitude for several reasons, one being of the things being what a person might and could very well assume.

Edited by Pokey

Owner of the car's insurance adjuster contacted my wife weds evening. And told her as it looks right now, they will not be covering the claim. Due to the fact the driver 'Son' wasn't listed on the policy! So he lied about having insurance, and this is probably why the officer wouldn't let me know anything. Just kept telling me I will get all that information on the police report. Well as soon as the report came online, the wife pulled it up. And you probably could of guessed it, but the spot to check yes for proof of insurance was left blank! As well as the insurance company name.

Now if this was me, I have no dought my drivers license would of been confiscated on the spot. Along with several tickets written out.

At this point do I just leave it up to my insurance co. Or do I seek legal advise, and make a case on the driver, and car owner?

Edited by M_Quick

With a car such as that I'm confident he covered that.

Car has full coverage, but still a $500 deductible. I guess from what I understand at this point, if I use my insurance I can't sue. My insurance companies have that option. And I was told if they recover anything from the at fault parties, the 1st $500 will go towards my deductible. And I believe they will also file with the BMV for driver's license to be revoked, for driving w/out insurance.