Plates for new motorcycle?

Wojo72

Magz is right, with a few cautions….

If you bought the bike from out-of-state, you'll need to take the bike and the title to either the BMV or a dealer to have it inspected and the VIN verified.  Just a bit of formality and another piece of paper.

I assume you bought a "new" bike from a dealer (meaning "brand new" not "used but new to you").  If the dealer was in-state and provided a title, you're good to go.

A long time ago, I bought a new vehicle and only received the MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) from the dealer.  In this case, you will also need to take the bike and the MCO to the BMV and have it inspected and a new OH title issued.

Both of those scenarios are unusual, as typically an OH title in hand is all you need to plate a vehicle.

Thanks.  It is a brand new bike.  I am off all next week so I'll get the plates knocked out.  I was able to get the dealer to throw a temp tag with the deal.  So far there is about  200 miles on the clock.  Most of that is from riding the back roads in Delaware county.  I haven't been brave enough to try the interstate.

As far as a review goes I really like the bike so far.   It's light and agile.  The motor has plenty of torque so it will pull in almost any gear.  I accidentally pulled the front wheel off of the ground shifting from first to second gear at about 3/4 throttle.  This is my first bike so I am still learning how to corner at decent speeds.    I picked up a full helmet today from Iron Pony.  That made the ride a little more pleasant vs the 1/2 helmet that I picked up cheap for my motorcycle safety class.   I can't wait for some warmer weather.  I'd like to make it to some of the group events.

That's a very nice bike for you're first bike.Be careful riding this time of year...watch out for sand/cinders/salt that they treat the roads with.

As for picking up cornering speed...just take your time,look deep into the turn,get a comfortable speed,counter steer and roll on the throttle.

Ride your own ride,don't let anyone push you to go faster.

The FZ-07 is a great bike,if I didn't just buy a new bike last year I might have one in my garage.

^ ^ ^  This is good advice  ^ ^ ^

Winter is a tough time for a new rider to get quality riding experience quickly.  Ride times are usually short and few and far between.  Roads are slippery with grit, gravel, salt, and sometimes the slimy calcium chloride they use to pre-treat for ice.  Cold tires have far less grip on cold pavement than they would in summer.  Moisture frequently condenses on cold road surfaces, making tar snakes slippery and in the worst case scenario, freezing into black ice.

Take your time and slow down.  All the experienced motorcyclists who roll thru the winter when the weather cooperates ride more slowly than in warm temps, and you should too.  Drop your tire pressures down to around 30 psi front and 30-32 rear to help with traction (unless you plan on riding extended distance at high speed or heavily loaded).  This will wear your tires a bit faster, but you're not gonna get that many miles in over the winter anyway.  Watch out for hypothermia; even if you just feel cold enough to start shivering, your reaction times are reduced from the ideal.  Don't be "THAT GUY" who spent $8000 on a new bike but is too cheap to buy him/herself quality gear.  No, you don't need a $1700 Aerostich suit or Klim riding gear to roll around town as a newb, but you can find decent budget riding jacket and pants with CE armor at on-line discount stores like Jaffrum, Cycle Gear, Motorcycle Superstore.

And in case you haven't taken the MSF course, do so at the earliest possible timing.  You'll live longer and enjoy your rides more!!!

Edited by Bubba