Hello from Columbus.

Boltnoob

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought my first street bike, Yamaha Bolt, and am loving it so far. I've only put about 250 miles on it this far as the weather has been a bit chilly. I've signed up for the ad farrow msc in April. If anyone is ever up for a winter ride lmk. I've been taking the bike out as often as weather permits.

• Upvote 1

Welcome!   I am in the same boat.  I just picked up a FZ07 as a first bike.  I looked hard at the Bolts.  Nice bikes.   I took the HD safety course in Sunbury.  PM me if you have any questions.  I'm up for a ride if we get another break in the weather,

Welcome! I am in the same boat. I just picked up a FZ07 as a first bike. I looked hard at the Bolts. Nice bikes. I took the HD safety course in Sunbury. PM me if you have any questions. I'm up for a ride if we get another break in the weather,

What did ha think of the hd safety course? Worth the money?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was worth the money for me.  YMMV

Pros

1) Sunbury HD is about 2 miles from my house.

2) If I took a class from one of the other vendors I would have had to wait until Sept-Oct.  I took the class in July.

3) I don't have hard data on this but from what I can tell we had more range time than some of the other options.  I put 40 miles on the bike that I was riding.  I needed the extra range time because I had never ridden before except for a few test runs on a buddy's bike.

4) I got to cut my teeth on a Harley Street 500 instead of a smaller bike.  Allowed me to cross the HD street of my list of bikes to consider.  :)

5) Discount on merchandise if you are into HDs.

Cons

1) Part of one of the days turns into a HD commercial.  They take you down into the showroom and review the HD lineup.  It was actually a little bit interesting but had nothing to do with motorcycle safety.

2) More expensive than the other options.

3) The joke is that you have to go get your certificate of completion from one of the sales guys before you can leave.   Not true  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...