this would suck. at least he's alive

Gump

That's why I keep my phone on me, instead of inside my bike. If I'm hurt, I can't get to my bike, but I can pull my phone out of my jacket and call 911.

That is a fear of mine though to wreck in the middle of nowhere and I'm not visible to anyone and I get found a few months later rotting. :eek:

That's why I keep my phone on me, instead of inside my bike. If I'm hurt, I can't get to my bike, but I can pull my phone out of my jacket and call 911.

I never really thought about it but that is a good point with the phone. Although in this case it doesn't seem like it would have mattered where his phone was. Sounded like he was pretty out of it.

at least in ohio youre not far from people wherever you go.

http://www.amazon.com/Between-Rock-Hard-Place-Ralston/dp/B000IFS0LI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208904740&sr=8-1

after reading this book i make sure at least like 3 people know when to expect me back when i go anywhere, and try to give them an idea of where i might be.

After five days of trying to lift and break the boulder, a dehydrated and delirious Ralston bowed his arm against a chockstone and snapped the radius and ulna bones. Using the dull blade on his multiuse tool, he cut the soft tissue around the break. He then used the tool's pliers to tear at the tougher tendons.

Source: Wikipedia

I always thought about making a GPS device that would SMS your location periodically to a designated person; if the bike every tipped over it would dial 911

until you just slip in your driveway and drop your bike, then paramedics and squads come to the rescue and get really pissed cuz all they get to do is help pick your broke bike back up.