Going to Harley store on a Suzuki

gsxkat1100

Actually not a bad experience.

Only one dirty look from a mid 60s woman who thought she was still 20. Got out of a yuppie, over priced car with a skirt on to let everyone see the tail of the dragon on her legs in varicose veins.

What is the obsession with "yuppies"? Young Urban Professional. First....a 60 year old woman is not a yuppy. Second....if one makes good life choices and gets to a point where they can afford something they value, who are we to judge? My wife drives a BMW. Did Yuppy Claus drop it down my chimney? No, I made good choices in life and found myself in a position where the choice to go BMW instead of Chevy Equinox made sense to the family.

It wasn't a BMW.

I was just making an observation.

Sorry to have offended you by having an opinion.

I shall now go to Starbucks for a double latte frappe-mocha-gelato to repair my butthurt.
  • Upvote 2

I shall now go to Starbucks for a double latte frappe-mocha-gelato to repair my butthurt.

Winning.

I think the yuppie comments are aimed more towards the weekend warior type guys that know dick about bikes and buy a $30k harley because 'it's the best', then put on 2k miles a year, riding with their dentist buddies with their stepford wives on the back wearing their white nikes and go to the local ice cream stand for a treat before returning home, parking it on its own special harley davidson brand bike parking place, putting the cover back on and going inside to get greased up for role-reversal buttsex night

• Upvote 1

I see a similar thing with ADV bike owners. Spotless bike, $2600.00 in Klim gear sitting at Starbucks. My STen is rarely clean and my gear carries mud from four states. And they look at me like I'm from another planet. One asked me if my knobbies were too loud for street riding. Too loud??? WTF

• Upvote 1

In the bicycling world, they replace "yuppie" with "dentist". :lol:

Speaking of biking dentists.... When I was a kid, we could ride our bikes with a t-shirt, sweatshirt, winter coats, etc.... Is there a new law requiring adult bicyclists to wear poorly-fitting skin-tight spandex shirts with a number on the back?

• Upvote 2

Winning.

I think the yuppie comments are aimed more towards the weekend warior type guys that know dick about bikes and buy a $30k harley because 'it's the best', then put on 2k miles a year, riding with their dentist buddies with their stepford wives on the back wearing their white nikes and go to the local ice cream stand for a treat before returning home, parking it on its own special harley davidson brand bike parking place, putting the cover back on and going inside to get greased up for role-reversal buttsex night

You're a f***ing wordsmith, Skullcrusher. This had me in stitches lol

I'm welding up a front wheel drive recumbent right now, Even the spanx wearing cyclists laugh at recumbent riders. Makes it more fun dropping them in a sprint though. representin'

Ride long enough to get chafing in your crotch once in normal clothes and you'll be willing to wear a tutu if it reduced friction. 

Winning.

Amazing detail - almost like you were there. 2k miles tho - no way.

Today out riding I stopped for gas at the Circle K in Ravenna and I saw a real power ranger riding a ninja he even had what looked to be a samurai sword strapped across his back there are some strange people out there.

You're a f***ing wordsmith, Skullcrusher. This had me in stitches lol

It is my sole objective to impress internet yokels with my adept use of the English language....well that and to finally have normal gender role buttsex night.

Today out riding I stopped for gas at the Circle K in Ravenna and I saw a real power ranger riding a ninja he even had what looked to be a samurai sword strapped across his back there are some strange people out there.

I've seen him before. And why are you using circle k fuel in your bike?