Free horse

Gump

Good home only. Which means enough pasture to sustain the animals and proper shelter. No boarders.  She's fine were she is but needs a pasture buddy and better yet attention. Was pro trained many years ago. Ridden for a few seasons about 6 years ago. Ridden at a park, at the farm, and back country roads. No issues then but lacks experience. Would need re-trained. Back problems prevent me from enjoying the ride. Papered Palomino Missouri fox trotter Mare 11 or 12 years old. She's an easy keeper, comes to you and acts like a dog. No shoes. Feet wear naturally. Likes to be brushed. Never kept in a stall. Lives on pasture mid April thru October. 12% and hay in winter.

I want her back if it doesn't work out. No Slaughter house or I'll kill all your pets, kids, then burn down your home while you're inside bleeding out. You'll sign a contract.

post-9795-0-90339700-1431062929_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

My observation about your ad would only be to comment that there's no such thing as a "free" horse….

I'm interested in why you specify no boarders.  Very few folks of ordinary means own sufficient pasture land to support even one or two horses.  A good boarding facility with ample pasture, safe fences, and top-notch stable facilities with an enclosed rink for all-weather year-round riding/training is the way to go if you live in an urban/suburban area.  My sister is and always has been a nut for horses.  She got her first horse at 14 and trained and rode professionally out east in NJ.  Does both dressage and hunter/jumper.  She even has pics of giving riding lessons to Jacqueline Kennedy/Onassis and JFK's kids back in the early 70s.  And in spite of being one of the most compassionate people toward animal welfare, she's mean enough to take that knife you thought you were gonna kill her with and gut you like a hog!!!  :D  I'll gladly pass this along to my sister, but not if I'd be wasting my time and hers.   I have no idea if she'd be interested personally, but she's been connected with the horse community for the last 50 years here in SW Ohio and may know someone who'd make a good next owner.

Lemeno.

If you don't find someone soon let me know. Family friends have a massive amount of land in Washington County PA and are retired and rescue in need horses

• Upvote 2

If you want me to, I'll forward this to my step mom... She's a volunteer for the Lake Farm Parks Light Horse Brigade.  I know she couldn't take it, but maybe the organization could... Or someone knows someone, etc.  let me know if I should, but it sounds like you've already got some good leads.

Besides, mules are naturally superior to horses anyway ;)

i'm just saying mules don't have to use condoms.

i wouldn't have sex with a horse... are you crazy?

i would just turn it into a sleeping bag/cocktail dress.

My observation about your ad would only be to comment that there's no such thing as a "free" horse….

I'm interested in why you specify no boarders. Very few folks of ordinary means own sufficient pasture land to support even one or two horses. A good boarding facility with ample pasture, safe fences, and top-notch stable facilities with an enclosed rink for all-weather year-round riding/training is the way to go if you live in an urban/suburban area. My sister is and always has been a nut for horses. She got her first horse at 14 and trained and rode professionally out east in NJ. Does both dressage and hunter/jumper. She even has pics of giving riding lessons to Jacqueline Kennedy/Onassis and JFK's kids back in the early 70s. And in spite of being one of the most compassionate people toward animal welfare, she's mean enough to take that knife you thought you were gonna kill her with and gut you like a hog!!! :D I'll gladly pass this along to my sister, but not if I'd be wasting my time and hers. I have no idea if she'd be interested personally, but she's been connected with the horse community for the last 50 years here in SW Ohio and may know someone who'd make a good next owner.

Lemeno.

I don't view being boarded as a quality life for many reasons. Boarding is for the convience of the owner. Another reason I say no boarders is because in this situation people can get out of interest in the horse and boarding just as easy as they can get into it leaving the horse screwed. I don't advertise this horse on horse classifieds, been trying to do it word of mouth. I'd rather she not go to a boarder but if you think your sister might know someone with Property that'd be great. She must good to train jfk's kids. Edited by Gump

Always hard to find someone you trust enough with a horse like that. I had the same problem a few years back. I ended up getting lucky though. I wish you all the best.

Thank you. Sounds like you understand the situation.

Pleasure horse only or could she do English? I am very interested.

Whatever you train her to do. She was ridden with a western saddle and a snaffle bit. She was starting to neck rein and would turn with a twist of your hips.

If you want me to, I'll forward this to my step mom... She's a volunteer for the Lake Farm Parks Light Horse Brigade. I know she couldn't take it, but maybe the organization could... Or someone knows someone, etc. let me know if I should, but it sounds like you've already got some good leads.

Besides, mules are naturally superior to horses anyway ;)

If you want to. I'd appreciate it. She doesn't need to go anytime soon.

Exactly how is a mule "naturally" superior to a horse?

On Thursday, Sept 18th, 2014, we were talking about mules and horses at work.  I was getting attacked because I defended mules.  I knew they were naturally superior, since I'd previously bought my stepmom a book she requested from her Amazon.com wishlist, called...

The natural superiority of Mules:

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Superiority-Mules-John-Hauer/dp/1592288642/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431108247&sr=1-2&keywords=natural+superiority+of+mules

(If you read it on the internet, and there's a book on it at Amazon, it has to be true, right?)

Anyway, was talking out my ass and clearly needed backup, so I sent my stepmom one text, saying "Help! Being attacked at work, defending mules! Why are they better than horses!?"

She wrote all this back, via text message:

Oh gosh, where to begin? The primary superior aspect is their hybrid rigor.  Since are a hybrid, resulting from breeding a female horse with a male donkey, they have a stronger immune system and are longer lived than either of their parents breed.

As hybrid creatures, they are sterile, and therefore not victimized by the cruelties of hormonal fluctuations.   Neither are their owners and riders, and so are less likely to be abused by are riled up stallion or a moody mare.

They have the best qualities of both parent breeds, and show signs of greater intelligence and independent thinking than horses whose behaviors are ruled by response to herd activities.

Their hooves are harder and require less maintenance, can often go without shoes and the related expense except for if only used on pavement.

Their eyes are located more forward in their skulls, affording them greater forward vision to anticipate trouble on the trail ahead.  Horses can only see to the side, putting them at a great disadvantage visually, especially when moving forward.

For a rider like me with lousy double vision and no depth perception, riding a mule prevents a great many accidents.

They have an innate sense of self preservation that makes them avoid danger.  This is where the misperception of stubborn comes in: They will stop on a trail rather than move on if there is a hazard ahead.

They have been known to kill mountain lions in defense of their riders - Kind of the doberman of the equine genus.

They walk as a faster natural pace than horses, so can cover more ground in a day.  Excellent for long range riding.  They are also more durable and rugged than horses, less susceptible to injury and illness.

They can be trained to do anything a horse will do - jumping, hauling, dressage, team driving - and can be bred to any size - draft mule to mini mule...

Versatile, charming, witty, affectionate - but always free-thinking.

Then she sent me a heart emoji and a "mule" emoji, hahaha.

If you want to. I'd appreciate it. She doesn't need to go anytime soon.

I'll spread the word.  honestly, she has a soft spot for mules, but she likes horses too ;)

Edited by Josh1234
  • Upvote 1

I can attest that this horse does indeed look delicious.

It could feed a Third World family for many moons.

You got all that property now. You want it? I know you'll keep it clean. ????

• Upvote 1

Thank you. Sounds like you understand the situation.

I sort of agree with you on the boarding situation. It all depends on where you live and what kind of person you find. I grew up on a boarding stable. I love it and we had a lot and of people who loved their horses. We also had people who didn't give a shit, for example we had a horse out there for ten years and not once did I ever see it get rode by the owners. They would show up once a month, pay the bill and drop off treats. After that they were gone, I even tried four or five times to buy said horse. I felt so bad that it never got any attention from the owners. Luckily it was full care so in the summers it was out all day minus when we fed them grain. Knowing that I completely understand your feelings on it, at the same time if you can find someone who generally loves their horse, I wouldn't dismiss them immediately. At the end of the day, seeing as you don't need to get rid of it now, do what feels right and makes you happy.
  • Upvote 1