Free horse

Gump

Gump, since Shaun has not answered yet i will give Angel a call and see when she wants it delivered! ;)

Sweet! He won't need to worry about a zero turn now. I'll buy him a new shovel for taking the horse.

I don't view being boarded as a quality life for many reasons. Boarding is for the convience of the owner. Another reason I say no boarders is because in this situation people can get out of interest in the horse and boarding just as easy as they can get into it leaving the horse screwed.

Certainly your right to specify terms and conditions as it's your pet, but I would argue that the news has been full of sad stories of horses being neglected by their owners on rural land and being starved from lack of pasture and feed supplement.  I'm of the opinion it's more a function of an individual's personality as to how they treat animals, no matter whether they're kept on private property or boarded.  The same folks who payed their cash to keep a horse in board and then ignored it would just as likely do the same on their own property.  Problem then is there's absolutely no oversight by anyone, no one to see the neglect by the owner.

I can assure you that my sister's animals are more well cared for and fussed over than most folks' kids.  I'll show my sister your ad and ask if she has any interest or knows of someone looking for a horse.

Edited by Bubba

Certainly your right to specify terms and conditions as it's your pet, but I would argue that the news has been full of sad stories of horses being neglected by their owners on rural land and being starved from lack of pasture and feed supplement. I'm of the opinion it's more a function of an individual's personality as to how they treat animals, no matter whether they're kept on private property or boarded. The same folks who payed their cash to keep a horse in board and then ignored it would just as likely do the same on their own property. Problem then is there's absolutely no oversight by anyone, no one to see the neglect by the owner.

I can assure you that my sister's animals are more well cared for and fussed over than most folks' kids. I'll show my sister your ad and ask if she has any interest or knows of someone looking for a horse.

Thank you. I see your point on no oversight and agree. Never thought about that. I view boarding as horses being in stalls for days and weeks or months at a time sometimes. I've seen it so I'm jaded. I'm not convinced human interaction is more important to a horse than freedom outside in a herd.

Thank you. I see your point on no oversight and agree. Never thought about that. I view boarding as horses being in stalls for days and weeks or months at a time sometimes. I've seen it so I'm jaded. I'm not convinced human interaction is more important to a horse than freedom outside in a herd.

I shared your post and the pic of horsey with my Sis this afternoon.  She basically confirmed what I suspected--and prolly what you've experienced also.  That being, offers of free horses to a good home are a dime a dozen.  Think of how hard it is find a safe 'forever' home and committed compassionate adoption for a dog….and now compound that 10-20 fold for a horse.  Can't even begin to imagine how difficult elephant adoptions must be…. :D

She did take a look at your pic and said you had a good looking animal, and that the breed would be one of the more desirable to people looking for a western horse.  She's gonna share your post on OR with the folks of the Cincinnati Equestrian Society and the regional barn forum (~50 stables) in the SW OH area.  Hopefully, there'll be some interest.  If you want to follow up with her directly, send me your personal contact info via PM and I'll forward it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

you ride horses AND bikes and you've lived past 20?  that's impressive :p

I like to joke w/ my boss about riding horses being more dangerous than racing motorcycles, so I come across as "hating" horses.  Really though they are some of the coolest and smartest domestic animals around. 

I wish I were less of a pussy and wasn't afraid of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to get her your ad with the pic and she said she only has geldings. It's a shame because she is a very good horse person and already has a Missouri fox trotter. Sorry, but I tried.

I was finally able to get her your ad with the pic and she said she only has geldings. It's a shame because she is a very good horse person and already has a Missouri fox trotter. Sorry, but I tried.

Thank you for the efforts.

Is there a hard deadline for this?

My boss's parents have or had horses, and one of my mom's friend (her husband is a MC cop) also has a horse or two.

Not sure if either want more.

No timeline. She's still here and bored.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know where its at, only 15ish miles from my house. But i dont really know much about it other than its some kind of Summer camp for kids and some church.

http://mohaven.org/

http://mohaven.org/page/horseback-riding

Edited by 2talltim