Bandit project is done!

imagineer

It's been a while, but my 2002 Bandit ''naked-cafe-fighter" project is finally done!    After a shake down ride, I took it for a 20 mile blast.    Good grief this thing is fast!.    I'm half tempted to not sell it, but I need the funds and shop space for the next project.

P1030405_zps7dnxnvsr.jpg

P1030390_zpsvkxa9dch.jpg

P1030392_zpszkojgh48.jpg

P1030393_zps9ytegl0l.jpg

P1030404_zpsfk2e0izr.jpg

P1030403_zpsivatcku9.jpg

P1030391_zps2ht3rzie.jpg

Edited by imagineer
  • Upvote 1

Any meaningful mods to the motor?

No.   It's stock except for a K&N filter & re-jet (from the original owner).   Despite the 43K miles on it, it runs really well, doesn't leak or smoke, so why mess with it.    Besides, it has no problem pulling the front wheel off the ground (which I preferred not to do), or hitting 130 mph without even breathing heavy (that was intentional :burnout: ).

Oh a stock b12 is a fun bike, no doubt. I rode my 03 stock for however long it took for parts to arrive. With a stage 3 jet and tune, some k&n oval filters, 5° spark advance and gsxf1100 cams it becomes a completely different animal. If you're close to massillon you should ride mine some time.

Oh a stock b12 is a fun bike, no doubt. I rode my 03 stock for however long it took for parts to arrive. With a stage 3 jet and tune, some k&n oval filters, 5° spark advance and gsxf1100 cams it becomes a completely different animal. If you're close to massillon you should ride mine some time.

I'm in Orrville not too far from Massilon...and thanks very much for the offer.    Honestly, as is, this is too much bike for me (I usually ride a slow, fat tire, old man cruiser).    I bought this bandit with the intention of fixing it up, making some mods (impressing myself) and then selling it for a profit.    If you know anyone looking for a unique ride, I'm asking $3000 for it.

Will keep an eye out. Where did you get those bar clamps?

They came with with the Renthal 996 bars, ($45 off Craigslist).   I'm fairly certain they are Rental brand as well.    The bolts are 10mm, so I had to drill out the stock bandit rubber isolators to work.

needs a  front fender to be practical.  Otherwise, slow-clap for you.  I dig it.

I've still got the stock front fender (which I think looks hideous).   I'm including it and a rear wheel cover, the stock center stand and stock bars and risers with the sale of the bike. ---> http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/5018072262.html

the stock fenders do look pretty bad, but they keep shit off the bike...  could it be trimmed or painted to look less wide?

there were portions of my fender I WISH I could have cut off, but I compromised by painting them flat-black and leaving the narrow center portion body-colored.

Visually, it appears narrower that way.  I'm happy with how it looks, considering that I didn't have to make any permanent changes to achieve the effect.  /$.02

Overall, I really like how the Bandit turned out.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I miss my bandit. Had 2, both 98 1200's. Got 70000 miles from both before I sold them. Had progressive suspension front and rear. Dropped the front about an inch and raised the rear about 2 inches. Had a scorpion pipe with stage 1 kit with kn filter. The other changes were cosmetic.