My new rocket from KY!

ItzaME

Picked her up last week!

2011 Daytona 675 with 5k miles

Love the color combo and these bikes in general

Still need to give her a nice wash!

Found another one I might get so if you like what you see shoot me an offer ;)

Hope to see you guys around!!

image_zpsp7cbdhuj.jpg

image_zpswrvvl53f.jpg

• Upvote 1

We've been over this discussion already guys but yes safety first.. I chose to leave gloves in car and to wear sneakers it being about 90 out..

Every stop I added or switched up my gear.. Bike was taped up bcuz I rode it home from KY to OH. Had no truck available to use and my buddy was free to drive me.

Still confused why you had to tape it up because you didn't bring it home on a truck.... are you not going to ever ride it on the street?

But yes, gorgeous color and I love that bike, want one.

How tall are you btw?

Edited by claine650
  • Upvote 1

Did you at least have on sunblock? If you're hot you're not going fast enough. What's the hottest people have ridden? I've done 111 in the sun, that does feel a bit like a sauna in gear

I saw 119 in phx one time. Got stuck in traffic on the interstate too. I'm sure with the other cars and the blacktop it was much warmer than the 119. Full gear was uncomfortable, but prefer it to road rash.
  • Upvote 1

Nice bike, shitty gear.

Remember, no one tells you to gear up because they don't like you. If you ate shit (through no fault of your own), and paid a heavy, lifelong price for that choice, we'd be the ones wishing you a speedy recovery. Some of us know how god-fucking-awful that recovery feels when you've ground your skin off on hot pavement.

At the very least, wear some boots and proper gloves. It's a guarantee your hands are going out and will be mutilated in a get-off, even a slow one. Same with boots. If you simply must squid in the hot weather (they make mesh gear and cooling products, btw), at least be able to walk and beat off while you're all ugly from shin to chin.

• Upvote 3

My dad laid his bike down a few weeks ago without a jacket or gloves. He no longer has skin on his palms, finger tips or forarms.

I'd rather sweat than bleed anytime.

Pay no attention to zx3vfr, he's a troll and thrives on virtual confrontation.

Why does anyone care what he chooses to use for protection? Its his bike, his life, his choice.

Yeah, I see way too many douches on cruisers riding around with basketball shorts and sneakers on a daily basis to say anything or care...

My dad laid his bike down a few weeks ago without a jacket or gloves. He no longer has skin on his palms, finger tips or forarms.

I'd rather sweat than bleed anytime.

Pay no attention to zx3vfr, he's a troll and thrives on virtual confrontation.

And how does some random persons personal choice affect you?

I might be some random internet troll. And I've ridden jacketless and helmetless plenty of times. Now that I have a kid I wear what I feel will protect me in a crash.

But it is all personal choice and that is what is great about america. As long as someone else's actions do not cause you financial or physical harm there is nothing wrong with it.