Saturday May 23 NEO to SEO ride: Feeler

NinjaDoc

Not your fault doc. He's a big boy. Glad he is doing well.

Good meeting you today. I hope to catch up with you again under better circumstances.

Nivin, Sorry to here about the mishap, I wish him a speedy recovery. I waited till 1pm at New Concord and then drove to 83S to 78 turned around and drove back to Cumberland, No Joy, Turned around and drove 83s -339s-550w-379N 78W back to HH. 230mi. I am sure we can do this again. B.

Well I'm a couple beers into being home. Pretty much had the same idea as Danimal. Put in 375 miles. Nivin what happened was not your fault. Don't beat yourself up over it. Sounds like the young man has some issues but is going to be okay. The bike is a non issue. Try not to dwell on the what if part of this equation because there is no definitive answer to be had. Nobody is gonna blame you so don't blame yourself. Hope to see you again soon Homie.

Aside from the unfortunate incident, it was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new people.  I also broke off and did a solo ride and put in about 360 miles.

Dave G.

What a crappy day, looks like when its bad it just baaaaaad.

I left Akron general around 6:30 to make it home before dark. Ride all the way to the rest area on 80. Get off bike to see my tail bag had fallen off. The good think was the wallet was in the bag, the best part is wallet has my Licence and papers. What a beautiful day.

I went right back to Akron thinking I might not even have clipped in the bag, so might have fallen off close by, chance of recovery less than 1%, reach the hospital started crawling and combing the parking lot the near by down town streets. Hope percentage reduced to 0.1%

Frustrated it's getting dark, starts to head back up north, gets on the ramp and I see a lump on top of the pillar that holds the side barricade. :D some one actually placed the fallen bag on top of there. None of the contents touched. This is why I still trust there are good people out there and jerry always keeps says I trust too much.

Well I also did a solo ride today all through free way, total miles 600 something now, 2 more hours to go before I reach home.

I guess I will sell this bike soon. As soon as I let the Vfr go the planets and star are not aligned well at all. When my wife saw the new bike she said it looks like a bad omen :)

Latest update he is in room, overnight obs, still no news from neurosurg about the vertebra.

And thx for the support guys. It will be a while before I post any rides. The dilemma is that without posting rides u never get to meet interesting riders who might turn out to be your good friend to ride with all the time, but when u post rides there is always risk of having to ride with people u don't know. Here again I trust people. May be u should not, double edged sword.

Nivin,

I am sorry to hear all the bad things that happened today,just try to focus on the fact that a good soul put that bag on the barricade.There's plenty of good people out there...they just don't make the news or get mentioned enough on forums.

Just get safely home to your family.

Denny

Sorry to hear about the crash.  I hope the rider has a full recover and rides again!

I was keeping an eye out for your group, but when I saw this post at a stop, I realized what had happened.  Sorry you didn't get to hit any of the twisties. 

Doc,

This isn't your fault.  We're all adults and we all make our own decisions.  The guilt you feel is there because of the caring that you have for others.  

As far as not posting any more rides in the near future, at least send me a text so I know when you'll be in the area so we can meetup  :D

Also, glad you found your tailbag.  

Hope to see you soon Nivin!  We need to ride!

Hi guys, this is Dave. the guy on the Red Ninja 650R from Michigan!

Doc wasnt your fault, nor anyones. We all can "What If . . . " all we want but in the end sany' was the one Riding his bike!

I just met Sany yesterday morning @ 6:20am. 

Never rode with him before.

Greycat and I have rode together many many times and weh facing unknown roads/riders, we always ride in the back. Sometimes as the LAST 2 ppl.

We've seen several crashes on our local Michigan rides and even with puting new riders in the back and have someone in front of the new rider, to act as a Guide (riding at a slow pace and so the new rider can Follow his lines)  they crash! :(

I know how ya feel, Mike and I felt the same way! we hope he will be ok!

Now I wanna send a Thank you to Jerry and Link for showing us around after the crash!

I just wish I DIDNT have to work the next morning, or else we(I) wouldve spent the night at a hotel and spend most of Sunday Exploring more Ohio roads!

I rode a total of 633.2 miles yesterday!

And, when I woke up this morning and even as I sit now... I'm not sore or beat.

I for SURE wanna try this again this season, maybe make it a 2 day event. :)

Ride safe, Ride on guys!!!

Doc, sorry to hear about the wreck. What should have been a great day turned into crap real quick. I am glad to hear he is ok. You cannot blame yourself as everyone goes down at some point. I have been riding almost 15 years and went down hard with Derek last year. I guess it was our turn. Thankfully Derek walked away and I got the worst of it with a chopper flight, but was released with minor fractures in my lower back similar to your friends neck injuries. That's why we wear gear. I don't blame anyone but myself for getting caught out on a really bad blind corner with dirt and gravel. It was on an unfamiliar road and I put myself in that position. We are all responsible for putting ourselves in these positions and that is plain and simple the risk of riding a street bike. I would never wish wrecking on anyone, but it has given me a new level of respect for my bike and riding a motorcycle. Keep your head up, motorcycle riding is in your blood. I hope to be riding again with you soon, hopefully before the fall Epic Ride! Keep us informed on you friends condition.

• Upvote 2

thx wolfman, how does it feel to get back on saddle after the incident. when u approach the right handers are u still apprehensive? 

here is the one of the only two pic i took on  that day, i didnt take out the gopro as well. Had a bad feeling from the start, ... ironically when i posted the ride that  i specified no new riders which i never do and still some one new came for the first time on this ride (except for tim who was way more mature than his age)

i wish i could thank this person who put it up there

AA10EE7D-42B2-4F39-8886-B64A8121084B_zps

That pic says it all. Inside that person knows they did the right thing! Someone was looking out for you Doc!

It feels great to be riding again. Have put on about 1000 mi. on my new bike. Getting back on the bike was a joint decision with my wife. She knows how passionate I am about riding and I let her decide my fate. She surprised me when she said she would be ok with me getting back on two wheels. We have a young family too, so it really surprised me. As far as the corners go, I try to approach a little more conservatively than before my accident. The truth is you cannot be scared of it or you shouldn't be riding. You have to trust in your abilities and your motorcycle to get you through each turn. If your friend is as passionate about riding as everyone here on the OR then he will be back on two wheels in no time with a new respect for motorcycle riding.